Date and venue
Sunday 25 (evening) June – Tuesday 27 June 2017, East Midlands Conference Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2RJ
Our Headline Sponsors
A host of established and new conference features were generously sponsored by:
|The Charity Retail Awards
NEW! Sunday Symposium
|Passport||NEW! Well-being Zone||Gift
||Lanyard||Pad & Pen||Umbrella|
Take a look at the Directory of Sponsors and Exhibitors from Charity Retail Conference 2017.
The flagship event for the CRA, bringing together delegates from all over UK to share ideas, network with their peers and hear from a fantastic selection of speakers, took place at the end of June.
NEW in 2017
At East Midlands Conference Centre (EMCC) we had exclusive use of the venue throughout the event, so we absolutely made the most of this!
As part of our move to a new venue, we revamped the Conference Programme, and created a lot of extras for delegates, giving access to much more than ever before:
- Entry to the Sunday Symposium ‘New Goods: how can they complete the charity retail offer’, from 7pm – 9.30pm, with free food and drink for extra networking and discussion, sponsored by Creative Tomco
- Unlimited refreshments, located around the venue, throughout both days, and an enhanced catering package, thanks to sponsorship from k3 Retail
- Wellbeing Zone, where delegates could book a 10-minute chair massage on-site and pick up a conference refresher kit on Tuesday from RTS Textile Recyclers
- 4 focus sessions, plus a bonus panel discussion session to debate some of the more challenging areas of charity retail
- An exhibition that was 15% larger than in any other year, with 25% of companies exhibiting for the first time
- A dedicated CRA stand in the exhibition to deal with any queries you have, facilitate networking and provide a focal point for our services over the two days
- An opportunity to take part in The Little Debate: our facilitated discussion group feature – where delegates decided the content and themes
- Access to Exhibitor Surgeries – 20-minute talks by some of our key exhibitors to find out more about their products and services
- Our Conference App – where delegates could tailor their conference agenda, network with other delegates and access key information.
As ever, we had a variety of focus sessions taking place in subjects such as visual merchandising, volunteer recruitment, digital, and council waste charges. See the Conference Programme for what was on offer.
On the evening of Monday 26 June, delegates could relax and celebrate all that is wonderful and uplifting about working in charity retail at our Charity Retail Awards ceremony and dinner, hosted by comedian Jo Caulfield at the lovely Nottingham Belfry Hotel. This was a fantastic networking, learning and business opportunity.
We offered 15 bursary places at this years’ conference, thanks to sponsorship from 1st Waste Management. Bursary places were available to charities with 5 shops or fewer who had not attended the conference before.
If you have any specific questions about this year’s Conference, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7697 4080 or email email@example.com.
Sponsorship and Exhibition
Are you a company interested in the corporate side of the the Charity Retail Conference? Read all about it here.