Date and venue
Sunday 25 (evening) June – Tuesday 27 June 2017, East Midlands Conference Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2RJ
Our Headline Sponsors are:
And we have a host of established and new conference features, many of which have been generously sponsored by:
|The Charity Retail Awards
NEW! Sunday Symposium
|Passport||NEW! Well-being Zone||Gift
||Lanyard||Pad & Pen||Umbrella|
Sunday 25 (evening) – Tuesday 27 June 2017
East Midlands Conference Centre, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RJ
We are delighted to announce that booking is now open for the Charity Retail Conference and Exhibition 2017.
This is the flagship event for the CRA and brings together delegates from all over UK to share ideas, network with their peers and hear from a fantastic selection of speakers.
NEW for 2017
At East Midlands Conference Centre (EMCC) we have exclusive use of the venue throughout the event, so we are making the most of this.
As part of our move to a new venue, we have also revamped the programme timetable, and created a lot of extras for delegates.
Your delegate ticket for Conference 2017 will give you access to much more than ever before:
- Entry to our Sunday Symposium ‘New Goods: how can they complete the charity retail offer’, from 7.00pm – 9.30pm, with free food and drink for extra networking and discussion, sponsored by Creative Tomco
- Unlimited refreshments, located around the venue, throughout both days, and an enhanced catering package, thanks to sponsorship from k3 retail. Visit them at Stand 6
- Well-being Zone – book a 10-minute chair massage on-site and pick up your conference refresher kit on Tuesday from RTS Textile Recyclers, Stand 31
- 4 focus sessions, plus a bonus panel discussion session to debate some of the more challenging areas of charity retail
- An exhibition that is 15% larger than in any other year, with 25% of companies exhibiting for the first time in 2017
- A dedicated CRA stand in the exhibition to deal with any queries you have, facilitate networking and provide a focal point for our services over the two days
- An opportunity to take part in The Great Debate: our facilitated discussion group feature – where you decide the content and themes. This will be fantastic for networking and sharing ideas with colleagues
- Access to Exhibitor Surgeries – 20-minute talks by some of our key exhibitors to find out more about their products and services
- Our Conference App – where you can tailor your conference agenda, network with other delegates and access key information.
There is also a choice of accommodation for 2017, depending on your requirements and budget (subject to availability):
- Standard Accommodation – a single, en-suite room in student halls of residence: this is included with the cost of your 2-day ticket
- Hotel Accommodation – single occupancy in a double, en-suite room in the Orchard Hotel, next to East Midlands Conference Centre: this is an additional £40 per person
- Twin Hotel Accommodation – double occupancy in a twin, en-suite room in the Orchard Hotel, next to East Midlands Conference Centre: this is an additional £50 per room (for two people)
- Hotel Accommodation – single occupancy in a double, en-suite room in the Nottingham Belfry Hotel, where the awards drinks reception and ceremony are being held. About 20 minutes from East Midlands Conference Centre: this is an additional £40 per person.
We also have a variety of focus sessions taking place, so there should be something for everyone – whether you’re interested in visual merchandising, volunteer recruitment, digital or council waste charges. Download our Conference & Exhibition Brochure for full programme details.
On Monday night, delegates can relax and celebrate all that is wonderful and uplifting about working in charity retail at our Charity Retail Awards ceremony and dinner, hosted by comedian Jo Caulfield at the lovely Nottingham Belfry Hotel.
This promises to be another fantastic networking, learning and business opportunity, and is expected to SELL OUT quickly.
Prices for the Charity Retail Conference have been held for another year, as we look to increase the service we deliver without increasing the cost to delegates.
Booking online is now quicker and easier than ever and you can pay by credit card or request to be invoiced. Book online here.
Don’t forget to enter for our Charity Retail Awards, we have awards for Shop Team of the Year, Most Unusual Item Donated, Innovation in Charity Retailing and many more.
Plus our WOW! Factor Awards for Best Shop Window and Best Shop Interior.
We are delighted to be offering 15 bursary places at this years’ conference, thanks to sponsorship from 1st Waste Management. Bursary places are available to charities with 5 shops or less who have not attended the conference before. If you are thinking of applying for a Bursary funded place, please download:
Please note you must complete the Bursary Application Form – do not book online.
We look forward to seeing many of you in June!
If you have any specific questions about the Conference, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7697 4080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Conference Information you may find useful:
- FAQs for Charity Retail Conference 2017
- Learning Request and Evaluation Form Jan 2017
- University of Nottingham Campus Map
- CRA Cancellation Policy Jan 2017