The Charity Retail Association is the only Trade Association looking after the interests of charity shops and their parent charities. We undertake a range of activities including lobbying, research, provision of advice and guidance, member events, and training. We are seeking an Administrator who will assist our Head of Membership and Head of Events in all aspects of their work, help in the smooth running of the office, and carry out ad hoc admin-based projects.
- Take, screen and allocate/deal with enquiries from Charity and Corporate members and potential members (and the public, press and others) as their initial point of contact with the organisation, by phone and via the CRA’s general inbox.
- Log and allocate queries where necessary using the CRA’s Salesforce database.
- Process membership renewals and new memberships as needed, aiming for clean data at all times.
- Maintain and update membership documentation including application forms, brochure, membership pack contents and membership conditions.
- Set up new CRA website users and subscribers – ensuring clean data at all times.
- Work with Research Analyst to maintain highest database standards.
- Update web content (WordPress) as and when necessary.
- Administer the recruitment advertising web page to SLA.
- Write articles for CRA News promoting member services using a marketing calendar, aiming for maximum take-up.
- Assist the Head of Events in the production of event collateral, acknowledgements and attendance-chasing phone calls and emails.
- Be central in Charity Retail Conference administration and attend the event (up to 3 days, end of June).
- Monitor and process bookings over the phone and online using Eventbrite and Salesforce. Be able to answer general event queries and provide signposting.
- Ensure all events and attendees are updated on Salesforce.
- Take minutes at events (some travel may be required).
- Complete event follow-ups including processing evaluation forms and distributing minutes, presentations and other resources.
- Update relevant web pages as and when necessary.
- Help to manage office facilities (IT equipment, refreshments etc) to ensure that office environment is efficient and comfortable to work in.
- Act as CRA tenant representative for building management office meetings and liaise with facilities management.
- Assist in general office administration including post, stationery ordering, filing and services as required.
- Administer elections (e.g. Board of Directors) as necessary.
- IT literate with sound understanding and experience of working with databases and websites
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficiency – capacity to handle a large workload to high standards
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Copy writing – experience of writing for web and minute taking
- Flexibility – Be happy to work on own initiative, and as part of small teams with differing tasks, and as part of CRA team of 9 as a whole
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self starter – be able to think on your feet, working with minimum supervision
- Understanding of working for a not-for-profit
- Experience and understanding of working with charities
- An interest and understanding of charity retail
- Experience of working with Eventbrite, WordPress and Salesforce
- Track record of event co-ordination
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT A CV AND A LETTER EXPLAINING WHY YOU WANT THE POST, HOW YOU MEET THE CRITERIA, AND WHAT YOU WOULD BRING TO THE CRA to email@example.com
Responsible to: Head of Member Services
Location: CRA Offices, Holloway Road, North London
Interviews will be held on the 20th December 2017.