An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Area Manager to join our fantastic retail division managing an area of 10 shops based in West Yorkshire, mainly Leeds. Our stores have a huge range of stock on display including furniture, white goods, clothing and bric-a-brac. The ideal candidate will have solid retail management experience and a proven track record in achieving targets by setting high standards. You will also be responsible for achieving over 1.2 million in income between the 10 shops.
The main duties of the Retail Area Manager will involve –
- Managing 10 busy charity shops to success by overseeing the day to day running and monitoring performance
- Maximising income and surplus generated by the shops within the area
- Delivering effective people management, recruitment and development of staff and volunteers
- Identifying and developing opportunities for new shops and partnerships to enable growth
- Preparing, developing and delivering on the shops business plans within your area using your entrepreneurial flair to make a difference
- Attending and working with Local Oversight Groups and with SVP members
- Been the budget holder for all shops in the area and ensuring costs are maintained.
- Been accountable for operational compliance and policy implementation.
The successful Area Manager will have experience managing an area of Charity retail units. It is essential for the candidate to demonstrate the following –
- Good standard of education, preferably to higher or degree level
- Solid IT knowledge and skills, including Epos
- Extensive experience in retail management ideally from a charity background.
- Experience of managing and growing a large retail operation including business development.
- Great communication and people skills
- Proven track record of achieving high weekly sales targets and the passion to exceed.
- Effective people management, leadership and motivational skills
- Good organisational and time management skills working in a fast moving environment with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Empathy with and commitment in living the Society’s ethos and values
Wider fundraising experience and experience of developing and implementing business plans would be advantageous but is not essential.
In return we’ll provide you with the opportunity to work for a welcoming organisation that offers support and guidance with the opportunity to progress.
Working Hours: You will be contracted to 37.5 hours per week working five 7.5 hour days flexibly. This may include working weekends.
Benefits Package: 33 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, enhanced maternity pay and lots more.
Application Deadline: 23 November 2018
Interviews: 28 and 30 November 2018
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV to Philip Kojcinovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous candidates need not apply. Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known – the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.