● Encourage a creative shop environment where shop teams seek to maximise income in new and innovative ways both within the shop and through new entrepreneurial channels, such as ecommerce and fundraising events.
● Ensure financial targets are being met by the designated shop teams by maximising sales and minimising costs
● Plan and conduct regular shop visits and ensure that any outstanding issues are followed up.
● Develop and implement initiatives to increase shop sales. Including designing and launching sales promotions and events in conjunction with marketing team
● Translate Crisis’s strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit
● Monitor the performance of the five shops and regularly review targets with shop managers. Support the managers to improve shop performance, if needed.
● Ensure that the high standard of service to customers is maintained at all times across the shops
● Regularly visit shops and ensure standards of cleanliness, strong customer service, excellent performance & efficiency are being maintained across the shops
● Generate ideas about future retail activities
● Maintain up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends and adapt the future retail strategy accordingly
● Actively support any national fundraising promotions
● Perform shop visits; plan and conduct meaningful and regular shop visits and ensure that any outstanding issues are followed up.
● Proactively manage and review the performance and progress of Shop Managers, and their shops, in order to maximise the performance of the shops.
● Motivate and empower the shop manager team to achieve results
● Be capable of and experienced in conflict management and resolution
● Coach Shop Managers and provide advice and guidance on shop management issues when needed
● To drive succession planning and talent management across the area, ensuring development opportunities are utilised appropriately
● Supporting procedures and systems to increase volunteer recruitment and retention
● Promote the retail training programme across the organisation and ensure the shop teams are adequately supported to deliver it to members
● Ensure training targets are met working in collaboration with the Enterprise Training team
● Ensure that any safeguarding concerns are identified and reported in line with Crisis’ procedure
● Ensure that the style of the shops enhance the image of Crisis. That inventive merchandising as well as attractive design and layout are all standard practice and are consistently applied across the shops
● Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost-effective stock generation; monitors stock to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets
● Be able to produce and interpret financial/non-financial reports on the shops performance
● Ensure Trading Standards Regulations are observed in the shops
● Manage Crisis’ relationships with customers including requests for information and complaints
● Liaise with the Heads of Retail and Entrepreneurship to update on the progress of the shops
● Manage relationships with relevant departments within Crisis and demonstrate effective collaboration that supports our shared objective to end homelessness
● Maintain, manage and update Crisis campaigns and fundraising materials within the shop
● Ensure all Health and Safety documentation is kept up to date through regular checks with Shop Managers. Identify any areas of concern and report them to the Head of Retail
● Adhere to Crisis’ financial policy and procedures
● Actively encourage and support member involvement within Crisis
● Develop an understanding of homelessness and Crisis’ aims
● Follow Crisis policies and procedures, including health and safety
● Carry out other reasonable duties that may be required
A full job description can be found here.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply here.