Herefordshire Wildlife Trust is the largest membership-based wildlife organisation in the area, dedicated to inspiring people about wildlife, acting as a wildlife champion, creating wildlife havens and encouraging sustainable living. The Trust covers the county of Herefordshire and works closely with neighbouring Wildlife Trusts in England and Wales. The Trust is supported by over 3000 local members and manages 54 nature reserves. We are a member of the Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts, a federation of 47 Wildlife Trusts covering the whole of the British Isles, with over 800,000 members and more than 2,300 nature reserves covering 90,000 hectares
Main purpose of job:
To lead on the ongoing development of HWT’s retail portfolio which currently composes of one charity shop in Ledbury, plus a gift shop located within Queenswood Country Park’s visitor centre. To generate as much profit for the charity to re-invest into our conservation objectives as possible.
1) To develop and implement an effective business strategy for the Trust’s retail arm.
2) To lead on the selection, sourcing and control of stock both donated and new product lines.
3) To lead on the recruitment, training and management of a strong, loyal team of highly-effective volunteers and (where necessary) paid supervisors to run both outlets.
4) Overseeing day-to-day shop management at both venues.
5) Ensure that the design, layout and feel of both venues is as attractive to customers as possible.
6) To work with the broader HWT team linking into the events calendar at Queenswood and the broader marketing of the Trust.
7) To lead on promotion of HWT’s retail programme via conventional and social media, with targeted promotions.
8) To lead in the development of HWT’s broader retail offer via greater online sales, and the establishment of other potential outlets, as and when the Queenswood team and initial charity shop venture permits.
9) To manage the finances of the HWT retail programme in line with agreed targets derived from the HWT Business Plan.
Our website is http://herefordshirewt.org/
Interviews will be held during week commencing 18th December 2017.