Age UK Cheshire is a local social enterprise and charity that is dedicated to later life.
We co-produce excellent services, make opportunities, connect people meaningfully and influence positive change. Because of our work, people love later life in Cheshire. We value putting people at the heart of everything we do, being enterprising, challenging ourselves and others to be better and innovating to deliver what older people want and need
Through effective leadership the job holder will be responsible for increasing sales and profitability within Retail to agreed targets. They will be accountable for the delivery of exceptional commercial standards and operational compliance throughout all shops and the donation centre, ensuring the development of Retail staff and volunteers, whilst managing within agreed budgets.
1. Translate Age UK Cheshire’s commercial strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve required target growth in sales and profit in both in-store sales and online sales (eBay and Depop).
2. Monitor performance of the six charity shops on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with Retail Managers. Support the Retail Managers to improve shop performance as required.
3. Monitor performance of the new Donation Centre, including online sales against targets on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with the Donation Centre Manager and Online Sales & Retail Admin Assistant. Support the Donation Centre Manager and Online Sales & Retail Admin Assistant to improve performance as required.
4. Lead, develop and motivate the Retail team to achieve results. With the support of the Human Resources department, ensure all aspects of people management are appropriately addressed. The job holder has management responsibility for the Retail Managers, Donation Centre Manager and Online Sales & Retail Admin Assistant. Assistant Retail Managers and Retail Volunteers report into Retail Managers, whilst Retail Van Drivers report into the Donation Centre Manager.
5. Develop cost-effective and innovative stock generation, monitoring stock supply levels and top departments for each shop/online sales channel.
• Excellent people management and leadership skills with the proven ability to manage and motivate others to achieve exceptional results.
• Proven track record of achieving income targets in charity retail or comparable environments.
• A commercial, data-driven focus, with a proven track record of setting and managing budgets, maximising sales and profit through commercial decision making, demonstrating the ability to respond effectively to change.
• Experience of multi-site retail management in a charity or commercial retail organisation.
• An ability to work independently, self-motivate and prioritise own tasks and time. Also, able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
A job description can be found here.
A retail structure diagram can be found here.
How to apply:
For an application form please visit here
Please complete and return your application form and Equality & Diversity form, along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications to be received by 5pm on the closing date.
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week