There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK Retail Team.
Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the current pandemic and cost of living crisis. With over 250 retail shops throughout England and Wales, our Retail teams generate vital revenue to support Age UK and the incredible services that we provide to older people who need us the most.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Sales Manager to join the Retail Team on a full-time permanent basis, to take responsibility for the performance of around 17 Charity Shops across the areas of South, West and North Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. With support from an experienced Divisional Sales Manager, this role would best suit an experienced retail professional.
You will have
• A positive outlook and engaging manner
• The ability to build a commercially focussed sales environment at shop level, identifying opportunities to maximise trading potential, ensure all shops meet or exceed agreed KPI’s and actively managing underperformance.
• A successful proven record of achievement in a multi-site retail business environment at regional level within the retail or Charity retail sector.
• Proven field management experience within a geographically diverse area and a background recruiting, managing, and developing staff in a retail environment.
• A thorough understanding of the UK Charity Retail sector.
• The ability to review, set and monitor shop budgets along with the ability to review and interpret complex financial data.
• The skills to drive initiatives to increase levels of stock acquired over the door e.g., corporate donations, local businesses, schools, media activity, and ensure sufficient cost-effective stock generation at shop level.
• A Full Driving Licence is essential as is flexibility to travel and stay overnight when required.
What we offer in return
• Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
• Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
• Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
• Techscheme – buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
• Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
• You Did It Awards – recognition awards from £100-250.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.
For a full list of benefits please click here.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.