Every day is different for an Area Sales Manager at Martlets!
Our charity shop teams raise vital funds for the Martlets through our trading business across the city. We are currently recruiting for an Area Manager to drive sales and profitability of our retail shops.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected local charity and in this exciting role you will be involved in the day-to-day running of our retail operations to ensure our 10 retail shops maximise their income.
As Area Manager at Martlets Trading you will be an experienced and motivated retailer with multi-site experience who can manage, train and support both the retail staff and our dedicated retail volunteers.
As well as providing excellent customer service, you will maximise sales of over £1.8m and drive profits.
Main Duties Will Include:
- To drive sales and profitability of retail shops and delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards
- To develop and manage the shop’ budgets and achieve budgeted income and profit targets through strategic planning and objective setting
- To work closely with individual shop managers, monitor trading statistics and undertake analysis of data to identify trends and variances and take appropriate action
- To support managers in trouble shooting areas of poor sales performance
- To support shops in maintaining attractive window displays, maintaining visual merchandising standards and commercial lay-outs to maximise sales and footfall
Key Skills Required:
- At least 2 years’ of multi-site retail experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Numerate with the ability to understand financial data, P&L information and spreadsheets
- A good team player with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Experience managing complex tasks, prioritising and managing time effectively
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
In addition to the above salary we also offer a subsidised restaurant, Cycle to Work Scheme, limited free parking, generous annual leave and other benefits.
Interviews Date: Friday 23 November 2018
You can also download the job description by clicking here
For more information about this vacancy please call Sally Brighton, Director of Income Generation, on 01273 718771
Please note that offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks