Summary of role:
• Develop and grow St Raphael’s Hospice retail business maximising sales and profitability within your area.
• Evaluate and implement new retail opportunities that will support and achieve the growth targets demanded by the Retail Strategy and five-year plan.
• Be responsible for the Store Managers, Shop teams, volunteers, Drivers, and all retail activities within your area.
• Take overall responsibility of the recruitment, management and support of all paid employees and the volunteer workforce within your area.
• Ensure that all stores within your retail region achieve sales and profit budgets.
• Mentor, train and develop your regional retail team to exceed sales and profit budgets and excel in customer service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all retail outlets within the area are delivering maximum profitability and are growing annually to achieve the agreed retail business plan.
• Maintain seek utilise and analyse management information including EPOS data to manage performance. To seize opportunities and make informed management decisions, taking appropriate remedial action as required to reach and maintain retail sales budgets and net income contributions within your area.
• Ensure that the retail outlets within your area reflect best practice in charity retail and that all retail outlets promote and positively represent St Raphael’s Hospice.
• Ensure that gift aid on donated items meets growth targets.
• Initiate and evaluate new retail opportunities that will contribute to expanding the profitability within your area.
• Ensure all stores within the area are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure, and standards.
• Ensure that all store employees and volunteers always maintain a high standard of customer service.
• Work with the Head of Donor Development to ensure that each store promotes fundraising initiatives, events and promotions in line with the Fundraising Strategy
• Work with the Lottery Manager to promote the Lottery to shop donors, customers and volunteers.
• Work closely with the Donation Centre Manager and eBay & Transport Manager to support the sales and targets of the shops in your area of responsibility.
• Line manage the store Managers within your area setting objectives, conducting regular one to ones motivating managers to excel, managing poor performance and conducting performance development reviews.
• Produce a monthly report for the Director of Income Generation on retail performance and implementation of the retail strategy.
• Prepare annual retail budgets, monitor and report on progress.
• You may need to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the role.
• Work with the Supporter Care Manager to monitor customer service and financial compliance through the centralised function.
General Duties & Responsibilities
• Always maintain confidentiality and to comply with the St Raphael’s Hospice policy on Information Governance, thus ensuring security in the management and use of information.
• Contribute to close working relationships with all personnel and to help to build an open and honest culture that facilitates learning, creativity, and excellence.
• Maintain and develop beneficial working relationships with other departments to further the organisations objectives.
• Undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role including project work and absence cover.
• Always comply with the policies and procedures of St Raphael’s Hospice.
• Undertake training as necessary in line with development of the post.
• Develop in conjunction with the Director of Income Generation and maintain a corporate policy for stores display, merchandising, pricing, and housekeeping whilst observing high street and charity retail trends within your retail region.
• Ensure that all store managers and their teams are aware of the importance and implementation of the correct merchandising techniques, especially with regards to shop windows and internal shop presentation.
• Ensure that each store has sufficient saleable stock through redistribution of stock between shops as required.
• To assist the Director of Income Generation to identify and open any new stores as required.
• To ensure all stores have the correct level of staff and volunteers.
• Assist with the recruitment and selection of all paid employees and ensure they are suitably trained and motivated when recruited.
• To encourage the store managers to create a team of staff and volunteers who are motivated, effective, and well informed.
• Chair quarterly meetings with store managers. Conduct annual appraisals of all store managers ensuring all other paid personnel within the area are also being suitably appraised.
• To interpret and use all management information and give appropriate feedback to the Income Generation Director.
• To regularly monitor all shop and regional expenses and keep them to an authorised and acceptable level.
• To ensure regular and effective reviews of stores performance.
• Conduct weekly store visits and ensure all administration is actioned and filed correctly.
• To follow up till audits conducted by the finance department as required.
Health & Safety
• To ensure the company Health and Safety regulations in accordance with St Raphael’s Hospice policies and procedures are being adhered to.
• To instigate and implement new policies and working practices as and when appropriate.
• Ensure all electrical, fire and first aid procedures and equipment is properly sited, maintained and provided by each store.
• Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are understood and implemented by all employees and volunteers.
• Excellent retail and trading skills.
• Ability to work with a broad mix of people.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Committed team player.
• Good organisational skills.
• High level numeracy skills.
• A “can do” attitude.
• Strong team building and leadership skills.
Clean driving licence and use of own vehicle.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.