- To achieve or exceed the planned sales of the Woking and Sam Beare Hospice Shops
- To assist and direct shop managers in managing the operational costs of the shops to meet the planned budget
- To ensure that all shops present to customers and supporters a positive image of the Hospices through excellent retail practices
- Provide effective management for a team of shop managers and assistants to ensure that shops exceed or achieve budget.
- Provide or work as relief cover in the shops, as and when required, to ensure that all shops are able to trade for the required opening hours.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, development and retention of paid shop staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all Hospice and retail policies and procedures are adhered to within the retail sector.
- Ensure that all shops comply with all current Health and Safety, Fire and Trading Standards legislation.
- Ensure that shops receive appropriate donations from the warehouse and that shop staff process all donations in accordance with agreed guidelines to maximise income.
- Support the Shop Managers in ensuring that the merchandise in all shops are displayed in accordance with agreed retail guidelines.
- Support the co-ordination and implementation of all promotional activity as advised.
- Assist with any new shop openings or refurbishments as and when required.
- To undertake other specific tasks or projects as requested by your line manager from time to time.
- To escalate to your line manager any issues and problems experienced, agree and implement resolutions.
View the job description here: Area Shops Manager