An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Charity Shop Manager to join our fantastic retail division at our Hall Green shop. Our stores have a huge range of stock on display including furniture, clothing and bric-a-brac which will bring variety in each sale. The ideal candidate will have solid retail experience and a proven track record in achieving targets by setting high standards.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in managing a busy charity shop to success
- Helping to lead a team of dedicated volunteers by giving ongoing support, guidance and training
- Maximising sales to ensure that targets are met and exceeded consistently including shop income and gift aid
- Delivering outstanding customer service to ensure regular custom
- Maintaining excellent merchandising standards
The successful Assistant Shop Manager will have experience working in a retail role ideally from a charity background. It is essential for the candidate to demonstrate the following –
- Great communication and people skills to deliver excellent customer service
- Good standard of numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Passion to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Good organisational and time management skills working in a fast moving environment
- Drive, enthusiasm and ambition to succeed
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV to HR@svp.org.uk. If you have any further questions, please contact Laura Whittaker on 01274 513035.
Working Hours = You will be contracted to 15 hours per week working two 7.5 hour days. This will include working some weekends.
Location = Hall Green, Birmingham
Salary = You will be paid £9.60 per hour (£7,488.00 per annum)
Benefits Package =33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, birthday reward varying each year, enhanced maternity pay,buy/sell holiday schemes and lots more.
Closing Date = 15th October 2021
Interviews = 28th October 2021
Previous candidates need not apply. Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
ABOUT THE SVP:
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known – the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none.