We are recruiting for a Retail Assistant Manager to join the team in our Fishponds shop to cover maternity leave.
If you’re someone who is looking for their next career step, passionate about charity and fashion and wants to use their skills to make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
- Working 30 hours per week, 4 days in 7
- Salary: £19,748 up to £20,335 FTE per annum, dependant on experience
- Estimated contract length around 12 months, or the early return of the post-holder
- To assist and work alongside the manager in optimising sales, managing, and leading a team of staff and volunteers
- Delivering consistently high retail and customer service standards
- Actively supporting and demonstrating our values through your role
- In the manager’s absence ensure that all instructions and information from Head Office and line management are communicated to staff and actioned on a regular basis
- Promotion of diversity and gender rights
What we are looking for:
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A genuine interest in fashion, charity retail and second hand
- Excellent leadership, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to earn trust, motivate and build rapport
- High levels of organisation with a proactive approach
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it
- IT literacy and numeracy skills. Using email systems and online resources; use and understand basic spreadsheet
- Inspired to face the challenges of charity retailing
We know sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could just be what we’re looking for!
We also offer a great range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an Employee Assistance Programme and pension scheme along with a number of schemes and discounts including cycle to work and reduced gym memberships.
We believe in equality of opportunity and understand the value of a diverse mix of talented people that is representative of our community. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or disability.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply please visit the jobs page on the St Peter’s Hospice website https://www.stpetershospice.org/about-us/jobs/vacancies or contact James Horseman, Area Support Manager for an informal discussion about the role at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review applications as they come in and therefore, we may close the vacancy before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply early.