- To ensure that when covering the duties of a manager that the shop continues to run as effectively as when they are present.
- To raise funds for the Hospice by selling donated clothing and bric and brac to the general public.
- To comply with St Luke’s Kenton Grange Hospice Charity Shops procedures and policies.
- To maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues, paid staff, volunteers and community contacts in order to achieve business objectives and create a positive and happy atmosphere.
- To provide a courteous and helpful service to the public.
- To promote the work of the Hospice to the general public.
- To be responsible for the overall management of the shop in the Manager’s absence.
- Holding a key to the shop premises during the Manager’s absence.
- Opening and closing the shop, and ensuring that the advertised trading hours are adhered to
- Ensuring that the shop premises are clean and tidy and that Health and Safety regulations are observed.
- Encouraging and accepting donated goods for sale.
- Sorting and preparing goods for sale, and overseeing a pricing policy for the shop.
- To be accountable for all monies in the shop, to be responsible for banking the takings, for completing weekly returns and for petty cash in the shop, and maintaining other records as required.
- To keep under review shop equipment and stationery requirements.
- Effectively attract, recruit, train, develop and review volunteers in accordance with St Luke’s Hospice Shops policies and procedures.
- To co-ordinate and manage the work of the shop volunteers and over-see the volunteers rota. To be prepared to ensure sufficient cover when volunteers are unable to work their usual shift.
- To ensure the best possible presentation and display of goods for sale.
- To attend staff meetings when required.
- To be prepared to work in another of the St Luke’s charity shops outlets if and when required.
- To assist in other duties as they arise.
- Full training will be given in all aspects of the management and operations of the shop.
- Attendance at training sessions elsewhere may occasionally be required.
- Please note that this is not an complete list of duties
Contract: Permanent/full-time (37.5 hours per week)