Assistant Relief Manager will ensure that when covering the duties of a manager that the shop continues to run as effectively as when they are present.
Additional duties include:
- To raise funds for the Hospice by selling donated clothing and bric and brac to the general public.
- To comply with St Luke’s Kenton Grange Hospice Charity Shops procedures and policies.
- To maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues, paid staff, volunteers and community contacts in order to achieve business objectives and create a positive and happy atmosphere.
- To provide a courteous and helpful service to the public.
- To promote the work of the Hospice to the general public.
- When covering the duties of a Manager
- To be responsible for the overall management of the shop.
- Holding a key to the shop premises when necessary.
- Opening and closing the shop, and ensuring that the advertised trading hours are adhered to.
- Ensuring that the shop premises are clean and tidy and that Health and Safety regulations are observed.
- Encouraging and accepting donated goods for sale.
- Sorting and preparing goods for sale, and overseeing a pricing policy for the shop.
- To ensure the best possible presentation and display of goods for sale.
- To be accountable for all monies in the shop, to be responsible for banking the takings, for completing weekly returns and for petty cash in the shop, and maintaining other records as required.
- To co-ordinate and manage the work of the shop volunteers and over-see the volunteers rota. To be prepared to ensure sufficient cover when volunteers are unable to work their usual shift.
Contract: Permanent/30 hours per week
For additional requirements please refer to Job Description