Due to the internal promotion of the current post holders we now have two exciting opportunities for Assistant Managers to join our busy charity shops situated at Ash Hill Road, Ash and Phoenix Court, Guildford.
As part of the shops vibrant management team you will support and manage a team of loyal volunteers helping to generate income and maximise sales of donated and bought in stock. Day to day duties include sorting, pricing and merchandising stock along with monitoring sales and profit against target.
These are physically demanding roles involving the lifting, sorting and moving of donated items.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and maintain relationships in the local community and to work for Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care who provide supportive end of life care for people affected by cancer and other progressive illnesses.
The successful candidates will ideally:
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have the ability to work independently and as part of a busy team
- have some commercial awareness and a desire to drive business forward within their shop
In return we offer:
- 6 weeks paid holiday plus public holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan (matched contributions to 7.5%)
- Excellent education and training
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff benefit scheme
Ash – 21 hours per week worked over 3 days Monday – Saturday 9.15am – 4.45pm
Guildford – 14 hours per week worked over 2 days Monday – Saturday 9.15am – 4.45pm
Alternate Saturday working is required and holiday cover may be needed on additional days throughout the week.
Please see full job description here
Application packs available from HR Admin on 01252 729408 or email PTHC.Recruitment@pth.org.uk alternatively you can ask in store.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 10am Monday 20th August 2018