We are seeking to recruit Assistant Shop Managers to help run of our busy charity shops in Fleet, Farnborough, Guildford and Godalming.
These are physically demanding roles involving the lifting, sorting and moving of donated items.
As part of the shops vibrant management team you will support and manage teams of loyal volunteers helping to generate income and maximise sales of donated and bought in stock. Day to day duties include sorting, pricing and merchandising stock along with monitoring sales and profit against target.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and maintain relationships in the local community and to work for Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care who provide supportive end of life care for people affected by cancer and other progressive illnesses.
The successful candidates will:
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have the ability to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Previous experience within a charity or fashion based organisation
- Knowledge of visual merchandising or shop displays
- some commercial awareness and a desire to drive business forward within their shop
In return we offer:
- 6 weeks paid holiday plus public holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan (matched contributions to 7.5%)
- Excellent education and training
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff benefit scheme
Please see full job description and person specification here
Fleet – 14 hours per week worked over 2 days Monday to Saturday 9.15am – 4.45pm
Farnborough – 22.5 hours per week worked over 3 days Monday to Saturday 8.45am – 4.45pm
Guildford (Quarry St) – 14 hours per week worked over 2 days Monday to Saturday 9.15am – 4.45pm
Godalming – 21 hours per week worked over 3 days Monday to Saturday 9.15am – 4.45pm
Alternate Saturday working is required for these roles and holiday cover may be needed on additional days throughout the week.
Application packs available from HR Admin on 01252 729400 or email PTHC.Recruitment@pth.org.uk alternatively you can ask in store.
When completing the application form please indicate which location you wish to applying for.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 10 a.m. Monday 13th August 2018