Want to make a positive impact on people’s lives by working for the world’s largest and oldest youth charity? YMCA are currently recruiting Store Assistants to work in their charity shops across England and Wales.
What you can expect from YMCA:
- A stimulating, varied role, working with the store management to drive sales and income and maximise profits from donated sales, Gift Aid, and other promotions
- The opportunity to build and support an outstanding team of volunteers, to generate great stock, and to establish the very best in customer service
- Competitive pay and generous allowances regarding holidays, healthcare, pensions, life assurance and maternity/paternity/adoption leave, employee assistance programme, annual season ticket loan* and subsidized gym membership* (*upon successful completion of probation)
What YMCA will expect from you:
- Solid retail experience working to sales and other targets
- Committed to going above and beyond when it comes to customer service
- Self-motivation and determination to be successful
- Experience of working with volunteers would be a bonus
- Weekend and bank holiday work also required
How to apply:
Please visit here to go to the YMCA careers page and search for Assistant Store Manager vacancies near you.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are currently under-represented throughout YMCA England & Wales. Safer recruitment is important to us and the successful applicant will be asked to provide two references. They will also be required to complete a safeguarding self-declaration and undertake a DBS check.