The B2C (eCommerce) Manager is responsible for the strategic growth of our remote sales channels through sales and marketing.
You will plan, control and monitor the product lifecycle to maximise sales through our existing website, third party marketplaces, social media, digital and traditional marketing channels. You will ensure the right products are advertised on the RAFATRAD website and other e-commerce channels in an engaging and interesting way, optimising performance. You will analyse remote sales activity, proactively creating a data-driven marketing plan to identify both opportunities and solutions. You will play a key role in planning and implementing digital marketing, promotional activity and creating new product ranges.
- Oversee the delivery of multi-channel customer marketing campaigns (driven by data insight) which test, build and maintain customer experience to drive sustainable growth in sales.
- Oversee the day to day management of customer journeys which deepen understanding and drive sales
- Increase income from third party marketplaces
- Liaise with internal teams and third-party contacts to ensure quality deliverables/solutions that are achieved and deliver an optimal customer experience
- Keep up to date with activities within RAFATRAD and associated companies to capitalise on marketing opportunities
- Adopt a ‘data smart’ approach: ensure data capture opportunities which enable sophisticated insight are optimised
- Work with the Supporter Insight team to set up sophisticated reporting and analysis for all customer marketing campaigns to enable a detailed understanding of campaign and performance
- Deliver high-quality, fresh, relevant and engaging customer focused web and social platform content that meets both business objectives and customer needs, increases dwell time and drives engagement and action
- Optimise the website user experience to improve sale conversions that meet business objectives by employing sophisticated customer insight to design and implement effective structure and customer journeys.
- Research, review and implement new features to improve brand, product and promotions representation.
- Increase website traffic by maximising search engine rankings, content and email marketing, and creating sticky content
- Regularly upload new products to RAFATRAD’s website and other e-commerce channels (including but not limited to eBay and Amazon)
- Ensure all content is correct and optimised to market leading standards (images, copy, metadata, link, prices etc.
Health, safety and security
All retail staff are responsible for:
- Alerting visitors to any potential Health & Safety issues in the warehouse
- Complying with health and safety policies, procedures and arrangements
- Discussing any concerns or issues arising from work activities with Head of Retail
- Reporting any significant risks and comply with protective and preventative measures identified.
- Recording and report any accidents, incidents, near misses and significant events.
- Undertaking health and safety training
- Taking care of their own safety and that of others.
All employees are required to:
- Comply with health and safety policies, procedures and arrangements for safe working practices
- Promote a positive health and safety culture with safe working practice
- Participate in team meetings to keep up to date with health and safety information
- Discuss any concerns or issues arising from work activities
- Attend health and safety training as directed
- Report any significant risks or issues arising from risk assessments and comply with protective and preventative measures identified
- Ensure that buildings, equipment, goods, substances and vehicles are safely used, maintained and are not damaged
- Report to managers any faulty equipment, hazards or operational difficulties affecting safe systems of working, personal safety or well-being
- Record and report any accidents, incidents, near misses and significant events
- Take care of their own safety and that of others
- Degree or similar level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. marketing or business
- Previous experience of planning and implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive remote retail sales
- Previous e-commerce experience (including using e-commerce platforms, content writing and merchandising)
- Experience of paid search (Google Grant Ads, Google shopping, etc) and social media (paid and organic, tracking and traffic management) management
- Experience employing actionable insight using tools such as Google Analytics and Google Optimize to develop optimal customer experiences that drive conversion and sales
- Possess strong knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Possess strong knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Possess strong knowledge of content management systems, ideally WordPress
- Possess a working understanding of current legislation (particularly data protection, advertising, media and intellectual property law) and best practice to ensure all activity is fully compliant
- Experienced in using analytical tools to guide evidence-based decision-making
- Confident in using Photoshop or similar photo editing software
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Word
- Able to write creative and interesting product descriptions
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Originality and creativity to develop new ideas and concepts
- Able to use own initiative to identify tasks requiring attention
- Experience of identifying and resolving problems and issues
- Attention to detail, careful and accurate
- The ability to multitask under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of reporting statistics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Self motivated
- Prepared to be flexible and undertake some overtime on occasions
- Experience of working in a charity
- Experience or understanding of the military sector
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.
The role can be office or remotely based. If remote, you will be expected to work from our headquarters for a specified period.
40 hours per week Monday – Friday. Unpaid overtime required on occasion
This job description outlines the main functions and responsibilities of the post. The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties as required, such as holiday cover.
RAFATRAD Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Air Forces Association (the Association), a registered charity, number 226686 in England and SC037673 in Scotland. Profits from the business activities of RAFATRAD Ltd are covenanted back to the charity at the end of each year.
One of the objectives of RAFATRAD and the wider RAF Association group of companies is to build an organisation based on quality. Accordingly, there will be an ongoing need to review the training requirements of staff to meet the changing demands of the organisation. Training requirements will be discussed at the review meetings.
There will be an annual review of the post and job contents. In addition there will be an interim review six months after the annual review.