The CTR Group is the UK’s leading provider of responsible and innovative sustainability solutions to both charity and private sectors.
Our purpose is to make our world a better place by delivering practical, ethical and reliable processes and logistics that enable the intelligent reuse, recycling, resale and/or repurposing of every single item in our care.
With our Headquarters based in Uttoxeter Staffordshire, we currently have a 3 further sites (and 21 regional transportation hubs) across England and Wales.
We employ just over 200 associates – enthusiastic, sleeves-rolled-up, collaborative can-do individuals, each of whom is an important and valued member of the CTR family – and all of us working together to deliver our promise: sustainable solutions for a better world.
There are two vacancies for this role:
- One operating in the North of England
- One operating in the South West of England
CTR Group are pioneers in the reuse and recycling industry. We are proud to be represented by an over 200-strong workforce and a fleet of over 100 vans. With a £40 million pound turnover, we provide bespoke, full-circle repurposing and waste management solutions, to both small and large commercial clients as well as regional, local and national charities. It is the maintenance – and development – of the very important relationships that we have with our Charities partners that both sits at the heart of the CTR Group, and that forms the core of this role.
The Role in Detail
To represent CTR Collections and other CTR Group Companies in the designated territory specified. Predominately working in the field, with Charity Partners, this role will represent CTR Collections to both existing and new Charities.
For existing charity partners:
- Being the primary contact and first point of call for all day-to-day enquiries for Charity Partners within the designated area. This this may relate to service issues, collection requests and/or any other related questions.
- Managing and updating – alongside CTR IT – the database of shops, contact information and the ongoing service and monitoring and managing the collection statistics and numbers as required.
- Regular shop surveys to be completed on the online system to gather information regarding CTR service levels, shop feedback, and any other information at shop level that CTR should be made aware of that will improve service levels and/or develop our commercial relationship.
- Liaising with key external stakeholders – including but not limited to Charity Partner Managers, Charity Area Managers, and Charity Heads of Retail within the designated territory – ensuring that communication and information is positive, effective and free-flowing.
- Working alongside the appropriate internal stakeholders, including but not limited to the Logistics Manager and Operations Manager, in order to monitor, review and maximise driver activity and performance.
- Closely monitoring the delivery of tote boxes and plastic bags to ensure our drivers are delivering the standard we expect to our Charity Partners, and troubleshooting as required.
- Representing CTR Collections at managers meetings, events and/or staff training sessions both externally and internally.
- Arranging for Charity Partners to visit both regional CTR locations and the CTR Uttoxeter site to allow them to fully understand the business and the services CTR offer, and to continually be looking for ways to enhance the relationship.
For new Charity Partners, or those who do not yet work with CTR Group:
- To represent CTR Collections and CTR Group associated companies within your designated area, finding and developing relationships with new and non-CTR Charity Partners, with the single view of bringing them into partnership.
- When in territory visiting existing partners, to visit non-CTR Charity Partners and deliver news and information about the Company, our approach, our professionalism and our capabilities.
- In addition, the role holder will also importantly gain information from these non-partners – for example gathering data on shop managers details; area manager details; the head of retail name and contact details; who is currently providing service; and (wherever possible) clarification of items collected/not collected, and prices paid
- Working with associated parties such as Charity Retail Association and attending conferences or meetings on a regional basis as required in order to generate more charity partners.
The role holder will:
- Be available for at least 1 zoom call a week, time and date to be agreed, for a regular catch up on all of the above, and to ensure full understanding of upcoming activities and actions.
- Complete and submit a regular activity spreadsheet, detailing any issues raised and actions taken as a result.
- Cover all aspects of communication with individual shops and charity partners – including but not limited to face to face visits, follow up emails and telephone conversations where necessary.
- Be available for a monthly meeting at the Uttoxeter site in order to meet both the Charity Partnership and the wider internal CTR team
- Be aware that, with some larger or cross-territory charity partners, there will be a requirement for flexibility in terms of who is managing and working with them on an operational basis. This will be discussed and clarified on a case-by-case basis with the Head of Charity Partnerships.
- The role holder will be / have:
An assured self-starter – happy and able to set priorities, workload and manage the volume of work
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to effectively build strong positive relationships with all stakeholders – charity shop staff and management, internal CTR Group personnel – drivers, management, call centre staff etc..
- A persuasive and engaging in communication style
- Account management and business development capability – the role is an excellent mix of retaining and developing our current partners and at the same time growing the footprint with new partners in the area they are managing
- An accomplished troubleshooter and problem solver
- Proficiency in excel for weekly / monthly activity reporting
How to apply:
Please send your CV through to email@example.com
Charity Partnership Manager, North, CTR Group: Regional, based in the North of England, with regular UK travel required
Charity Partnership Manager, South West, CTR Group: Regional, based in the South West of England, with regular UK travel required