An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Area Manager to join our fantastic retail division, managing shops to success across the South East of England. Our stores have a huge range of stock on display including furniture, clothing and bric-a-brac which brings variety in each sale. The ideal candidate will maximise shop income and expand shop performance in line with the retail growth plan, by delivering operational effectiveness in all shops within their portfolio
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To achieve income sales and net profit targets as per annual budget for shops within their portfolio working under the direction of the Head of Retail
- To maximise Gift Aid and deliver a % increase year on year as per annual budget
- To develop a uniform set of KPI’s that will be measured on a monthly/quarterly basis and that staff are measured against
- To recruit, train, develop and manage shop managers and/or assistant shop managers (where applicable) throughout the employment lifecycle
- To ensure compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety, Safeguarding, statutory legislation and SVP Policies and Procedures within their shops, ensuring sufficient recording and control systems are in place to monitor compliance e.g. full shop audit every quarter with agreed SMART objectives
- To ensure shop repairs or refurbishments are carried out in line with approved budgets
- To support the strategic shops plan, opening new ones where viable and identifying loss making shops. Developing and implementing turnaround plans or closing units where this cannot be achieved
The successful Area Manager will have experience working in a retail management role ideally from a charity background. It is essential for the candidate to demonstrate the following –
- A good standard of Education, preferable to Higher or Degree level
- Experience managing an area of retail units or similar operation in voluntary/charitable sector
- Effective people management experience in a wide range of HR and Performance related matters
- A proven track record in achieving targets / objectives
- Experience of financial management and budgetary control, and proven ability in business planning, and maximisation of income streams
- Experience of dealing successfully with complaints and concerns
- Great organisational skills with the ability to manage busy workloads and prioritise between conflicting demands
ABOUT THE SVP:
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known – the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none.
How to apply:
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV to HR@svp.org.uk
If you have any further questions, please contact Laura Whittaker on 01274 513035.
Closing Date = 21st June 2021
Interviews = W/C 28th June 2021
Previous candidates need not apply. Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Working Hours = You will be contracted to 37.5 hours per week
Contract = Permanent
Benefits Package = 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, birthday reward varying each year, enhanced maternity pay, buy/sell holiday schemes and lots more.