Age UK Surrey are expanding their income generation function by opening charity shops to further engage with local communities. We are recruiting experienced professionals to act as advisors for a 9-month period.
We are recruiting for a Charity Retail Specialist. This role is voluntary with the option to become a Trustee if vacancies allow. We are starting with a blank piece of paper and need you to help us.
Applicants should have the following:
- Charity Retail experience
- Experience of high level accountability for project initiation and completionAbility to deliver results through others whether paid or voluntary
- Working knowledge of Surrey borough and district council areas, town profiling and segmentation
- Knowledge of the management, development and growth of Retail sales including the development of new product ranges and e-commerce
- Experience of driving engagement in local communities through charity retail shops
- Experience of partnership/ collaborative working with key external local partners
- Experience of generating, monitoring and reporting on KPI’s then adjusting processes and procedures according to the outcome
- Understanding of how an organisation delivers a service in a local community through the creation and delivery of a defined USP in order to improve the lives of local people.
How to apply
For an informal discussion or more information please contact Jay on 07306 043548 or email@example.com
Please submit a 2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
detailing how you meet the criteria detailed in the post you are interested in.
As needed, you will also be asked to complete a Volunteer Registration Form as part of our new Volunteer Induction process.
For more information on the position and Age UK Surrey, please visit https://www.ageuk.org.uk/surrey/
A panel interview will take place after Friday 24th April with the CEO of Age UK Surrey and two other representatives. This interview will take place virtually, via Zoom.
9 monthly meetings via Zoom initially (then potentially in Guildford in due course) with the Short Life Working Group (SLWG) April-December 2021