Our Boutique at East Grinstead is a unique staple in the community and we are looking to recruit a creative and talented Shop Manager.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have some previous management experience with an eye for designer brands, a creative flair and a keen interest in visual merchandising with the enthusiasm and drive to raise the much needed funds for the Salvation Army to continue the great work they provide in the community.
If this sounds like you, then we are interested in hearing from you!
As the Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the charity shop.
Your main priorities will be:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – You will be expected to provide the best possible customer service at all times to both our donators and customers.
- PEOPLE SKILLS – You will be expected to manage one current part-time employee and you will need to be motivated to recruit, train and maintain skilled volunteers to help you in achieving your goals.
- SALES FOCUSED – Our aim is to raise funds for the Salvation Army to continue their great work. You will need to be sales focused and motivated to achieve your targets and to share this drive with your team so that you can be as successful as possible!
- MANUAL HANDLING – This role is HANDS ON! You will be required sort donations and prepare clothing for sale which will include steaming, tagging and pricing items before placing them on the shop floor for sale.
- MERCHANDISING – We want the shop to reflect your personality and attract as many customers as possible. The shop floor needs to be tidy, presentable and full at all times with stock changing regularly and displayed in the most desirable way.
Although we have some policies and procedures in place, we aim to promote upside down management so we allow you the freedom to run your shop the way you feel best to achieve maximum sales!
Salvation Army Trading Company Ltd (SATCoL) is the trading arm of The Salvation Army in the UK and Republic of Ireland. We were established in 1991 to help fund The Salvation Army’s vital work with vulnerable people in the UK.
Today we raise money and encourage reuse and recycling through a network of over 220 retail outlets, including Superstores, Donation Centres and a rapidly expanding clothing collection division, all of which is constantly growing and developing.
With the support of the British public, we have been able to donate millions of pounds to The Salvation Army and over £43 million has been donated in the last five years alone! This has helped to fund the extensive and very important work that The Salvation Army carries out which includes homelessness and addiction services, care for older people, help at emergency incidents, support for adult victims of human trafficking in England and Wales and a Family Tracing Service.
A full job description can be found here.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online