Responsible for assisting the smooth running of the Charity Shop whilst maximising revenue for the Charity.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is flexible and trustworthy and has the ability to inspire and motivate others to support the Charity. You will have excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills and be highly organised and efficient in managing workload.
Previous experience in a similar role.
• Act as liaison between the Charity shop and the Charity office on a regular basis.
• Attend Staff meetings and other Retail meetings as required.
• Responsible for ensuring the shop lay out is kept to a high standard, displaying high quality items in an attractive manner, in order to increase revenue.
• Provide a courteous and helpful service to the public and report any complaints or feedback to the Head of Retail.
• Ensure volunteers sort donations on a daily basis.
• Manage a pricing policy for the shop.
• Work with the Volunteer & Events Manager to recruit new shop volunteers following the Charity’s recruitment procedures.
• Train new volunteers and ensure all new recruits receive appropriate training and support.
• Ensure all new recruits receive an induction and are made aware of the aims and objectives of the Trust.
• Encourage the commitment of the volunteers, encourage them to work as a team and value their new ideas.
• Oversee and manage the work of the Volunteers and coordinate weekly rota.
• Respond to comments left by shop volunteers in a timely manner.
• Ensure the shop volunteers are fully updated with any Charity news and are made to feel part of the Charity and work effectively with the office-based team.
• Working closely with the Facilities Manager, ensure you comply with all Health & Safety Legislation relating to the welfare and safety of volunteers and the operation of the shop and all items sold.
• Despatch weekly till receipts to Head Office.
• Bank daily shop takings and communicate this amount to the shop volunteers.
• Identify opportunities to maximise sales – Monthly sales target to be set by Head of Retail.
• Help promote Charity events and raise brand awareness within the community.
• Responsible for the correct allocation and reconciliation of petty cash.
• Coordinate the recycling “Reclaim” bags and arrange collections.
• Act as the main key holder for shop – open and close shop when necessary.
• Write and distribute memo/newsletters to all shop volunteers as and when necessary.
• Monitor shop supplies, i.e. bags, labels, till rolls etc and coordinate with the Charity office as to what is needed. Place orders as necessary.
• Ensure all areas of the shop including the stockrooms, kitchen area and toilet are kept clean and tidy at all times.
How to apply:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to: Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org or download a vacancy information pack via our website: https://www.ehaat.org/about-us/jobs/
Permanent, part-time. 4 days per week (30 hours).