Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care provides supportive and end of life care for people living with an advanced or terminal illness. Based in Farnham and Guildford, we serve a population of 550,000 across West Surrey and North East Hampshire.
We are looking to recruit an additional Collection / Delivery team member to support our busy Donation Centre in Dogflud Way, Farnham. As part of the vibrant logistics team you will support the Collection / Delivery Supervisor, along with a team of loyal volunteers, in the day to day operation within the logistics team. This includes the collection and delivery of furniture items across our catchment area.
Working proactively using your initiative you will be expected to think on your feet. This is an exciting opportunity to build and maintain relationships in the local community.
Ideally applicants will have:
- Clean Driving License
- Previous experience of driving a vehicle similar in size to a large luton size van
- Some delivery knowledge, multi drop would be especially advantageous, although training will be given
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Experience of safe working practices, manual handling and an overall understanding of health and safety.
This is a physically demanding role involving the sorting, lifting and moving of donated items which will include furniture items on a daily basis.
- 6 weeks paid holiday plus public holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Benefits Scheme
The health and safety of our staff and customers is a priority; we are compliant with all the latest government guidelines ensuring our workplace is COVID-secure.
37.5 hours per week worked over 5 days, Monday to Saturday on a rotation basis. Holiday cover will be required on additional days throughout the week.
For further information please contact Barry Young, Retail Operations Manager on 07880 389755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply on-line https://www.pth.org.uk/careers/ If you are unable to apply on-line application forms are available from HR on 01252 729408 or email: PTHC.Recruitment@pth.org.uk Alternatively you can ask in store.