This new role in our ambitious and successful Retail team is essential to supporting our growing sales and retail estate, as well as our large team of staff and volunteers.
The successful candidate will play a key role in administration of our leases, as well as relationships with external suppliers. In addition, they will manage commercial office functions including regular reporting on shop sales, Gift Aid and KPIs. They will manage the Commercial Coordinators and Retail Assistant and as part of the Retail Leadership Team (RLT), will work to achieve the annual Retail budget.
Benefits include free parking and a generous holiday allowance with the ability to buy and sell additional holiday. You can view more information about our range of benefits here.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day administration of shop leases including monitoring and preparing for rent reviews and break clauses, liaising with agents, landlords and solicitors, drafting documents, and arranging rent payments, escalating to the Head of Retail and Directors as required.
- Take ownership for the management of the retail EPOS system in our shops
- As part of the RLT, ensure effective and efficient communication between team members, shops and volunteers to ensure smooth running of our shops and to help increase sales.
- Deliver regular reports to RLT on finances, sales, Gift Aid and KPIs, as well as insights that will help the team improve their performance.
Management and Leadership
- Supervise and manage the Commercial Coordinators and retail office volunteers, providing guidance, support, and feedback.
- Recruit and coordinate the activity of volunteers to help with Retail operations as required.
- Demonstrate leadership and inspiration to staff and volunteers in the Retail department.
Communications and Teamwork
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across the organisation including with Fundraising, Operations and Active Support, Finance and Communications teams.
- Point of call for all shop enquiries, filtering enquiries to the right person and building a ‘one team’ approach.
- Ensuring all promotional materials for shops are produced and delivered on time
Working with Due Diligence
- Lead on management of Retail data in line with data protection policies including GDPR
- Lead on Gift Aid Due Diligence, claim process and VAT on new goods
- Support internal and external audit processes for Retail
Training and Development
- Undertake Mandatory Training as required by Hospice in the Weald and participate in additional required training and development activities.
- Identify and actively support the learning and development needs of colleagues and volunteers.
- Provide relevant training to staff and volunteers based on own level of specialist knowledge as part of the Hospice in the Weald Coaching Culture.
- Maintain awareness and ensure the implementation of all relevant legislation – develop and evolve good practices.
- Maintain professionalism through adherence to recognised codes and guidelines and work within the boundaries of Hospice in the Weald policies.
- Maintain personal development through the Hospice Annual Review process, continuously updating and improving knowledge and skills and applying that knowledge.
- Engage in the use of information and communication technology (ICT) and achieve the required level of competence.
- Recognise the growing need for 24/7 working patterns and flexibility.
Download the job description and view the key responsibilities in full – Commercial Office Manager JD
For more information or an informal conversation about the role, please contact Sharon Gills, Head of Retail, on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Apply online here.
Charity Retail Jobs is sponsored by Precycle Group