The Charity Retail Association (CRA) is the only body in the UK to represent the interests of charity shops. Our members range from high street brands like Oxfam and Cancer Research UK, to individual hospice shops and everything in between. Together they represent around 80% of all UK charity stores.
We lobby and campaign as the voice of the sector, provide business insight to charities through research, and put on high profile networking and learning events to support our members.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our influential team and take a leading role in promoting a positive reputation for the Charity Retail Association and the charity retail sector in various forms of media.
The successful candidate will be responsible for devising and delivering a communications strategy for the association. They will also have close contact with our members and be responsible for communicating our work to them.
The successful candidate will:
- have a strong understanding of UK media and internal or member communications
- be experienced in selling in media stories and dealing with journalists, and of managing and developing communications in a membership organisation or similar context
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong ICT skills including social media
- possess the ability to tailor communications effectively to different audiences
- have the proven ability to identify a strong media story
If this sounds like you, then please read on to find out how to apply.
Hours – Full Time (35 hours per week)
Based – At our head office in North London
Salary – Up to £28,500 depending on experience
Pension – after satisfactory completion of 6 months’ probation the CRA will contribute 10% of salary to the company pension scheme
Holiday – 25 days
Reporting to – Head of Public Affairs and Research
Click here to download a full person specification and job description – http://tinyurl.com/MediaAndCommsManagerCRA
To apply please send a CV and covering letter (please pay particular attention to the person specification when writing these) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2017 at 9.00am. If you have any questions about the role, please call Matt Kelcher on 020 7697 4075.
Interviews will be held in Islington, London on Tuesday 23 May 2017.