We are looking for an experienced person to join our community retail team as Community Shop Assistant Manager.
The role is an exciting opportunity to work in charity retail and play a major role in fundraising in the community to raise vital funds for The Sheffield Cats Shelter.
This role will need a forward thinker, someone able to make decisions that will take our new shop on Abbeydale Road to great places and generate as much income as possible for the charity. This will be achieved through the recruitment, development and management of a team of volunteers that are confident in all aspects of the shop
To run a community shop, increasing income, management of the volunteer team and community engagement activity. To encourage repeat custom and donors through exception customer service & product offer.
• Sorting, preparing and pricing stock for sale in the shop & online
• Visual Merchandising & Display of Stock
• Customer & Donor Care
• Volunteer management, including: recruitment, development & training
• Health & Safety, Manual Handling, First Aid and Fire Safety adherence
• Cash handling, banking and investigation of discrepancies.
• Gift Aid compliance & maximisation
• Creative and innovative donation generation
• Management of shop house keeping
• Lead strategic planning of the shops activities
• Being involved in community engagement activity (event & promotions)
• Daily, weekly, monthly reports and paperwork
• Till operation & servicing customers • Delegation of daily work load to the volunteer team
• Working towards an ambitious target and clear KPIs
• Increasing income overall & sharing best practice
• Working with the Income Generation Manager to find new revenue streams locally & increasing footfall in the shop through new demographics of customer & donor.
• Any other relevant duties requested by the SMT
Please see full job description and person specification here
To apply please visit our website: http://www.thesheffieldcatsshelter.org/exciting-retail-opportunities-with-the-sheffield-cats-shelter/