We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to join us as Community Shop Manager, supporting and developing a strong volunteer team to meet income targets and create a thriving, profitable retail business.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Community Shop Manager you will take responsibility for ensuring the shop is ran in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures whilst raising as much money and awareness as possible for Save the Childrens work. In addition you will:
- Empower volunteers to deliver and maintain exception retail standards through ongoing training and development
- Manage and minimise risks to meet all safeguards in relation to financial procedures, health & safety and child safeguarding
- Develop, maintain and lead a diverse team of volunteers to become a high performing team through individual coaching and Shop meetings
- Be accountable for meeting or exceeding income targets in line with agreed financial and non-financial KPI’s
- Network the shop into the community through events and fundraising initiatives if required.
To be successful you will have extraordinary and demonstrable ability to motivate, support and build strong relationships with volunteers. You will have a strong understanding of, and enthusiasm for, high street retail and fashion with a commercial focus to identify opportunities to drive sales. In addition you will:
- Have a good understanding of retail business disciplines including budgeting, customer service, cash handling, stock control, working to financial targets
- Have a exceptional organisation and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Be able to adopt a collaborative approach with excellent facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a team player with the ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Have the ability to recognise and prioritise opportunities with the greatest potential.
Experience of working with volunteers is desirable.
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website: Save the Children Vacancy
Closing date: 19th February 2017