We are looking to recruit a Deputy Retail Operations Manager. We are seeking someone who is not only a competent retail manager, but someone with a real passion for second-hand. If you have great retail experience, customer service skills, excellent communication skills, experience of training and supporting people with complex needs and a positive “can do” attitude we would love to hear from you. You will work in conjunction with the Retail Operations Manager to lead, supervise and train a team of Companions and volunteers who are allocated to working in our retail businesses.
This is a full-time role, and you will work 37.5 hours over 5 days per week. Saturdays are included.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Deputy Retail Operations Manager assists the Retail Operations Manager in leading and supervising all activities associated with the efficient, effective and profitable operation of the retail business. All activities and efforts are performed in compliance with the Emmaus ethos, mission, strategic aims, organisational objectives, policies and procedures.
• To lead, supervise and work alongside Companions who are allocated to the retail team during the business operating hours, with conduct issues being managed by the Community Manager.
• To lead, supervise and work alongside volunteers who are allocated to the retail team during business operating hours, with conduct issues being managed by the Business Manager. Principal Accountabilities
• To ensure effective and efficient day-to-day operations by maximising sales to achieve operational and profit targets
• To ensure day-to-day retail operations deliver agreed standards for quality, culture and legislative compliance
• To ensure that all activities under supervision are engaging, enabling, empowering and holding to account the team members
• To help devise and deliver training on standard work to team members so that retail activities are delivered to the agreed brand including customer service, merchandising, pricing, stock control and culture
• To maximise Gift Aid income from donated goods
• To ensure that volunteers are trained, supported and supervised to provide a significant and contributing resource to business activities
• To ensure all financial management, cash handling, daily banking and security procedures are followed
• To be pro-active in the generation of donated stock, managing stock collection efficiently and effectively in accordance with Emmaus guidelines
• To process donated stock to the agreed standards and timescales
• To minimise stock loss
• To ensure the appropriate standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the retail areas Other Duties
• Any other duties and accountabilities as required by the Retail Operations Manager including additional duties and responsibilities to cover for holidays and absences Special Requirements
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online