Purpose of role:
To oversee the day to day operations of the Donation Centre, including logistics and health and safety. This operation is key to the income generation for all of St Raphael’s Hospice retail.
Responsibilities and Accountability
• To effectively manage the donation centre operations, implementing processes to ensure that the potential of the shop and operation as a whole is maximised.
• Ensure the smooth and effective acceptance of donations from the public.
• Oversee the sorting of stock and preparation to be sent out to shops as directed by the Area Manager and the Director of Income Generation.
• To manage the storage of stock and ensure that it is prepared for sale in a safe environment.
• To oversee the recycling of stock where appropriate.
• To maximise shop income and Gift Aid.
• To actively promote the sale of ancillary products relating to the Hospice – lottery/scratch cards etc.
• Display merchandise in an attractive manner.
• Meet or exceed sales targets.
• To ensure that the premises are welcoming, kept clean and tidy.
• To ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to and legislation met.
• To generate sufficient stock to meet sales requirements.
• To complete KPIs as required.
• To supervise, train colleagues (where applicable) and maintain adequate staffing/volunteer levels to open the shop as advertised.
• To recruit, induct, train, motivate and engage with volunteers ensuring that the role matches their specific skill set.
• To keep an up to date record of volunteers, contact details and pass forward as required.
• To keep volunteers and other members of staff informed of shop performance and any likely changes.
• To take responsibility for the administration of the shop and timely return of information – hardcopy or online as required.
• Ensure that takings are kept secure and banked on a regular basis.
• To maintain an awareness of developments in local shops, particularly other units representing charities and update the Director of Income Generation as required.
• To attend meetings as requested.
• To participate in the appraisal process and where appropriate carry out appraisals for Assistant Shop Managers.
• To act as the main key holder and to respond appropriately to any emergencies out of hours or otherwise.
• Ensure that St Raphael’s Hospice and retail policies are adhered to at all times.
• Liaise with the eBay/Transport Manager and engage with the volunteer drivers and staff.
To be aware of the confidential nature of the work undertaken in this role, and of the Hospice as a whole. Any matter of confidential nature relating to patients, carers, relatives, staff or volunteers must not be divulged to any unauthorised person.
To be aware of the requirements of the Data Protection Act and follow local codes of practice to ensure appropriate action to safeguard confidential information.
To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the Hospice’s Equal Opportunities and other policies and procedures.
Health and Safety:
To be aware of the policies and practices in relation to Health and Safety and to support the implementation and monitoring of compliance with policy.
To liaise with external individuals, advisors and organisation and, if required, attending training to develop the skills and knowledge of the post holder for the benefit of the Hospice.
• Previous experience within charity retail or warehouse environment.
• Experience of managing a team including volunteers.
• Ability carry out all aspects of manual handling
• Flexibility to work 5 days out of 7.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Good IT skills – Word/Excel.
• Willingness to undertake training relevant to the post.
• Strong organisational skills
• This is a physically demanding role
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online