Job summary: As you will be the first contact for our customers you will be responsible for greeting them, making them feel welcome and ensuring the safety of staff and customers at all times. Ensuring that gift aid is administer and processed correctly in the warehouse and maximized to your best abilities.
- The post holder will be responsible for assisting with the supervision the front door as guests/customers and employees are entering and leaving the warehouse.
- Greet customers with excellent customer service and be courteous at all times.
- Receive donations at the door and follow the required Gift Aid procedure, using a computerised system. ensuring that git aid is maximise to its full potential
- To actively promote Gift Aid to donors and maintain the relevant Gift Aid administration.
- Sort goods into the correct areas such as clothing, entertainment, electrical goods, books and brick a brac, paying special attention to all gift aided donations.
- To assist with the receipt and sorting of donations
- Sorting donations to initially identify saleable items
- Sorting donations to identify those suitable for recycling
- To maintain Distribution Centre and/or hub operation procedures, including storing and movement of goods and using IT systems.
- To carry out portable appliance testing (PAT) when required
- Deal with both internal and external calls to the warehouse, ensuring that they are dealt with effectively.
- To deal sympathetically and respectfully with customers and donors, be personable, friendly and of smart appearance, and to represent and promote WSB Hospice in a positive manner at all times.
- To work as an integral part of the Furniture team, being sensitive to the needs of the whole team and contribute to development of other team members, and changes to working practices to improve the business.
- To attend relevant staff training and meetings.
- Ensure Health and Safety rules are adhered to at all times and according to Company regulation in both the reception and other areas of the warehouse i.e cages must be stored and stacked carefully, in line with Health and Safety considerations.
- Inform Management of any Health and Safety issues that occur using correct procedures and forms.
- Keep the reception area, walkways and Warehouse floors clean and tidy and free of hazards at all times to reduce risks.
- Follow procedure for cover for the front door when not attended during meal breaks and meetings.
- Ensure the shutter door is kept closed when not in use.
- Assist drivers with offloading donated items from the vans when they return from their rounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by Management.