Cornwall Hospice Care is a 24/7 Cornish healthcare charity that provides end of life support for people with terminal illnesses. Our clinical staff and volunteers care for patients and their families, carers and friends at Mount Edgcumbe Hospice in St Austell, St Julia’s Hospice in Hayle, through our Community Services and where appropriate, in people’s own homes and in local care homes.
Our staff and volunteers are at the very heart of everything we do, and every member of our team has a role to play in helping deliver the care we provide. We are all ambassadors in the community too, spreading the word about the end of life care we provide, care that’s 100% free to our patients and funded by the Cornish community.
About the role:
This is an exciting new role in our Retail Operations Team, which offers you the chance to help us develop and deliver a flagship donations hub which will provide the highest levels of service and engagement with our donors.
You will be at the heart of helping to generate the income that funds our work by leading and motivating our team of employees and volunteers to sort and select stock to supply our network of 30 shops and online sales platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, coach and support team members in developing safe and efficient work practices that minimize stock handling, maximise profitability potential and contribute to the Cornwall Hospice Care brand and market position.
- Be responsible for the deployment of resources, responding to business peaks and troughs, to ensure consistent service levels are maintained, with maximum cost effectiveness.
- Involve, engage and work co-productively with other members of our wider team to assess work practices, systems and data to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Collect and review data to provide management information regarding the stock levels and production process.
What you’ll bring:
- An understanding of and total commitment to our organisational values.
- Proven experience of successfully leading teams, individuals and projects and of delivering change with a commitment to develop people.
- High level of confidence with a proactive and positive approach to work.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with a high attention to detail.
What we offer:
Our employees and volunteers are essential to the care we provide. In return, for joining a team of people having such a positive impact on others, we provide:
- A chance to make a real difference.
- Supportive working environment
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 36 days including bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Non-contributory medical cash plan, with the option to include your family members.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Early Pay Scheme
How to apply:
For more information and to apply online, visit here.
Charity Retail Jobs is sponsored by Precycle Group