About the role:
Here at Tynedale Hospice at Home we are embarking on a new era to embrace the changing ways people donate to charities and pay for goods and services. Alongside our ongoing digitisation strategy, we are enhancing and increasing our commitment to digital fundraising in order to enable the hospice to fulfil its ambitious plans to develop our services and reach more people who need our support at key times in their lives.
If you’d like to lead our e-commerce operations, steering the future of online retail at the hospice please read on….
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious individual with an eye for detail to run our growing e-commerce offer.
You will be ambitious, with a drive to develop our online income including creative ways to promote products on social media.
The post holder will be involved in the day to day running all our online selling platforms and manage a team of volunteers to generate profit from donated pre-loved and new items online.
We would be interested in taking school leavers who can demonstrate they meet the essential criteria through extra-curricular / part time work. Starting salary £20K.
Key responsibilities: Managing a range of e-commerce platforms, including eBay, website and social media, to generate income online through pre-loved donated items as well as new items. To use social media to both, raise funds and awareness within retail.
Key contacts: External & internal stakeholders: customers, volunteers, staff
Key Tasks / Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for researching, pricing, photography and listing of pre-loved items for online sale to maximise income, on a range of platforms, including eBay, social media and website.
2. To act as the primary contact for online orders, answering phone and e-mail enquiries in a timely manner to ensure THH online selling rating / feedback remains high.
3. Deliver high levels of customer service during all sales and enquires to ensure positive seller experience and feedback across all e-commerce platforms.
4. Work with, and grow a team of retail e-commerce volunteers to assist with the growth of e- commerce sales and ensure efficient order system to meet postage/buyer deadlines.
5. To use social media to promote online products to generate income and raise awareness of retail offer.
6. To take lead on online sales, offers and promotions to maximise profit, and analyse the results to inform future sales strategies.
7. Working with Retail Operations Manager, produce reports on online sales and income for accurate income generation reporting.
8. To assist with the identification and development of additional e-commerce platforms to increase online sales income, from both new and pre-loved items.
9. Assist with shop daily procedures as and when required.
Please visit our website for full job description, person specification and application form.
How to apply:
Please visit here for an application form.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Ashleigh Trotter, Retail Operations Manager on 01434 447748 or by e-mail: ashleigh at tynedalehospice.com
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9-5pm (would consider flexing the hours for the right candidate).
Location: Office based, Tynedale Hospice Furniture at Home, Bridge End Industrial Estate, Hexham.
Benefits: £20-£23K salary; contributory pension scheme; personal development budget; generous annual leave, free car parking on site.
Closing date: 9am, 13th June 2022
Interview date: 21st June 2022