To effectively manage the day to day running of eCommerce for Wakefield Hospice with the aim of achieving optimum profit by maximising sales, and controlling expenses in line with Annual Budgets. Assist in recruitment and retain a motivated team of volunteers.
Duties and responsibilities
To develop and support the day to day running on the Online operation with a hand-on approach
Sales / Financial
1. Meeting agreed financial targets for income, expenditure and profit.
2. Working collaboratively with the Retail Operations Manager & Director of Income Generation in developing and setting annual budgets/targets/KPIs for online sales and developing longer term strategic plans for this income stream.
3. Awareness of retail gift aid and its potential value to the business.
4. Develop the short and long term online sales strategy, identifying the key objectives and goals.
5. Responsible for the development and management of our online sales function (to deliver a multi-channel platform including, but not limited to: Depop, Vinted, Discogs, Etsy, Amazon, eBay, Facebook Marketplace and other auction sites) in order to create an effective and target driven online sales operation which maximises our income potential.
6. Investigate the use of other sales platforms as appropriate, and establish processes and procedures for successful trading on those sites.
7. Proactively researching, planning and implementing new digital concepts to support income generation.
8. Collaborate and learn from other hospices and other charities to evaluate new initiatives and strategic advances for implementation at Wakefield Hospice.
9. Analyse online sales data to inform strategy and ensure the team have a shared understanding of effective online selling.
10. Increase the profitability of our online sales by growing the quantity and value of our online sales items and by scoping other online sales options.
11. Ensuring listing capabilities of the operation are maximized.
12. Ensuring all listings are completed in a manner that best attracts the highest level of views/bids.
13. Maintaining effective stock control of all items within the business.
14. Managing the profitable selling of new goods online where appropriate.
15. Ensuring purchased items are packaged appropriately and sent out in a timely manner.
16. Completing all relevant administration on time and to a high standard.
17. Driving engagement with online purchasers and donors by providing excellent customer service and building effective relationships.
18. Providing excellent customer care through quality of service, dealing with complaints both efficiently and effectively, and having a working knowledge of Wakefield Hospice.
19. Ensuring adequate security of goods, monies, data and passwords.
20. Assisting with the general day to day running of the department as necessary.
21. Working with department and hospice colleagues to create and implement an effective marketing strategy for our online sales activities.
22. Ensuring the best use of our online presence, promoting our brand and messaging online, to facilitate brand awareness and supporter engagement.
23. Reporting to the Retail Operations Manager on a daily/weekly basis.
24. Attending meetings with department and hospice colleagues as appropriate.
25. Liaising with the warehouse manager to create and maintain a stock generation strategy, to ensure a continuous supply of quality donated items suitable to sell online.
26. Building and developing positive internal and external relationships.
27. Actively supporting any fundraising promotions as directed by the Director of Income Generation, Fundraising Manager or the Retail Operations Manager.
28. Maintaining accurate financial records for inspection by the Retail Operations Manager, Finance and company auditors.
29. Ensuring that no monies or goods belonging to Wakefield Hospice are taken from the online operation without authorisation from the Director of Fundraising and the Area Retail Manager.
30. Carrying out internal audit checks to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
31. Ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of the relevant online trading platforms and other legal obligations.
32. Dealing with any valuables or personal information found among donated goods in line with company policies and procedures.
Staff and Volunteers
33. Recruiting, supporting and retaining staff and volunteers by providing guidance, support, training, communication and motivation necessary to secure their competence and commitment.
34. Coaching, developing and managing the performance of the staff team.
35. Adequately staffing the department at all times in order to maintain the level of service and sales expected by Wakefield Hospice.
36. Creating a happy working environment to enhance the working experience for staff and volunteers.
37. Ensuring that all Wakefield Hospice policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff and volunteers.
Health and Safety
38. Providing a safe environment that protects all staff, volunteers and the public.
39. Following health and safety policy & procedures and delivering training when needed.
40. Complying with all Health and Safety regulations as per Wakefield Hospice’s Health and Safety Policies and procedures.
41. Being responsible for completing monthly safety inspections and specific risk assessments.
42. Participating in and ensure the teams completion of mandatory training within agreed timescales.
Other Duties and Conditions of Service
43. Undertaking any other duties which may be requested in the interest of Wakefield Hospice.
A full job description can be found here.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.