Aim and influence
- Lead and develop an engaged and motivated team to deliver a high-quality customer experience for online donated goods sales across multiple E-Commerce channels and achieve sales and profit targets for E-Commerce.
- Develop efficient and productive warehouse operations to process, list and fulfil a high volume of goods for sale online
- Recruit, inspire and train volunteers in a variety of digital and e-commerce roles.
- Lead and motivate a diverse team to create high quality listings of donated goods for sale via various e-commerce channels.
- Develop efficient processing and listing of goods (predominantly clothing) to a high standard, according to agreed quality benchmarks. Value and control the pricing of stock to maximise sales and profits for Crisis.
- Collaborate with Logistics Manager, Head of Retail and E-Commerce Manager to source appropriate garment volumes to meet listing targets
- Act as deputy for Logistics Manager when necessary, ensuring warehouse health, safety and security is maintained, ensuring waste product is recycled or collected efficiently
- Manage operating expenditure to agreed budget including all postage and fulfilment costs; volunteer and team expenses; photography and studio costs
- Manage and motivate E-Commerce Operations Assistant Manager and Fulfilment Co-Ordinator to support all elements of E-Commerce operations, ensuring they are efficient, motivated and focussed on delivery, and learn and develop in their roles.
- Provide an induction programme, adequate supervision and ongoing training for all volunteers. Lead and develop the staff/volunteer team in the warehouse, encouraging effective communication, setting objectives, initiating work plans and helping to foster a positive team spirit through regular team meetings
- Carry out regular analysis of category sales and performance and available management information, to inform adjustments to pricing and product selection, to grow sales and repeat customers
- Deliver retail and e-commerce training for Crisis clients
- Set up and management of digital studio in warehouse, providing high quality photographic assets for all product listings and any product photography needed for digital marketing activity
- Work with Supporter Services team to manage all customer services relating to donated goods sales
- Actively encourage and support member involvement within Crisis
- Develop an understanding of homelessness and Crisis’ aims
- Follow Crisis policies and procedures, including health and safety, loss prevention and safeguarding
- Carry out other reasonable duties that may be required
- Able to travel to anywhere within Greater London. Travel to other locations may be required.
A full job pack can be found here.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online