RSPCA Oak & Furrows is an independent branch of the national RSPCA. Each year we care for approximately 4,200 animals. The animal care we provide is largely funded through sales of donated goods from our nine high street stores. Many of our donated items have the ability to fetch higher prices and sell faster online than they would otherwise in-store. In order to further improve our revenue, we are looking for someone with solid experience of online sales to take ownership of our small online sales operation and grow it into a much larger and profitable part of the charity. Our new online sales unit will not just be limited to donated items, the successful candidate will also be responsible for assisting the commercial team to source bought in goods to promote and sell too.
This is a key role in the charity and the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate not only a level of competence on the practical side, but also a level of management ability so as to take ownership for the role and its success. This role represents the ideal opportunity for someone with the right skills and mindset to build a successful online sales operation, to build an effective team and grow their career accordingly.
Your New Role:
- Driving online trading performance to meet targets & promote our stores and products on social media.
- Research trends and set up accounts on new online selling platforms, manage the products we offer and their different payments systems.
- As the role expands you will recruit & coach your team to assist you in reaching your targets for the department.
- Follow and assist your line manager in developing and executing the commercial trading strategy.
- Manage the different e-commerce platforms, the products, and drive improvements.
- Manage all social media platforms for both content and direct sales.
- Collaborate with Marketing to optimise the customer experience and online journey, feeding into decisions on content, functionality and layout across the group.
- nsure our message is consistent and in line with our digital and brand guidelines.
- Generate stock via stores, social media & build relationships with other businesses for donations and potential partnerships.
What you will need to succeed:
- Proven e-commerce management experience
- Knowledge of online practices, platforms and trends
- Knowledge of social media
- Project management skills
- IT and camera skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to keep macro and micro objectives in perspective
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com