• To take operational responsibility for the successful running of the designated shop as directed by the Retail Operations Manager.
• To work in all shops to cover Shop Managers’ holidays and days off as directed
• To maximise income through the shop operation.
• To support fundraising events in the area, working with the Fundraising Manager and Community Fundraisers, as appropriate
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To assist the Shop Managers in managing the day to day running of the shop and act as Shop Manager in their absence.
2. To contribute towards maximising store sales and profits, promote Gift Aid within HMRC guidelines and represent the Hospice in a professional manner reflecting our core values at all times.
3. To maintain the correct financial procedures at the shop to comply with Hospice policies.
4. To take responsibility for cash and stock control and the display of goods in any of the shops.
5. To liaise with other Shop Managers to ensure resources are shared and used appropriately.
6. To inform the Retail Management Team immediately of any complaints, accidents or untoward occurrences in the shop, as well as formally logging on Health and Safety System (T100).
7. To deal carefully and sensitively with unsuitable offers of help.
8. To be named key holder to enable access to any one of St Leonard’s Hospice retail outlets.
1. Engage and complete all on-line mandatory training or courses.
2. To attend any training or development required by the Hospice.
3. To read, understand and follow all Hospice policies and procedures.
4. To participate in the Annual Performance Review.
5. To positively promote, support and represent the Hospice especially within the community, and to maintain the philosophy, ethos and ambience.
6. To be aware of personal responsibilities and discharge these as defined by the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
7. To maintain strict confidentiality in all matters relating to the Hospice, its business, patients, staff and ethos.
8. To undertake any other tasks, duties or responsibilities as requested by your Line Manager or other Senior Manager, including the Board of Trustees and Chief Executive.
This Job Profile is an outline of responsibilities and will be subject to review with the postholder in light of the changing needs of the post and Hospice.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.
Location: Expected to work across all of St Leonard’s Hospice shop network