How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your main aim will be to act as the primary lead on Gift Aid related issues and drive forward Gift Aid and further develop our centralised gift aid database within the charity.
Gift Aid is an extremely important income stream for our charity and this role will have responsibility for overseeing all administrative aspects of gift aid entry, verification and checking of contact records.
This role requires someone with an extremely high attention to detail. Candidates will need to evidence previous situations where they have worked on large scale admintrative tasks in a methodical and logical way.
The candidate will be expected to manage their own task list and prioritise where necessary giving updates to their line manager of progress made.
- Work with the Financial Controller to maintain and develop clear and transparent systems, which are auditable at any stage of the process and to implement document storage and retrieval practices.
- Support the archive and audit requirements, by co-ordinating the scanning and archiving of all gift aid processed and facilitate the retrieval of documents as and when required.
- To maintain digital records of all new/amended gift aid materials to comply with current legislation.
- Cross checking paper records with gift aid declarations on the supporter database identifying errors and logging these appropriately.
- Consolidation of gift aid scans from multiple sources into our central gift aid database.
- To train staff on gift aid processing.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be methodical and accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and able to demonstrate initiative when carrying out duties and added value through effective problem solving and analysis.
- Must be willing to take personal responsibility for own work and work area and to understand the implications and risk associated with administering a highly regulated area of our charity business.
- Must be able to work in a structured, transparent, organised and methodical way that withstands external audit and is fully accountable.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Customer service experience – desirable.
- Reliable and determined.
- Excel skills (intermediate)
The role is based at our Head Office in Watford. A detailed and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of gift aid would be a significant advantage, although training will be given.
This is a part-time role (30 hours).