We are seeking to recruit an experienced and passionate retail professional to join our Charity as our new Head of Retail. As a new role this is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the team and really make a difference!
Our charity Tŷ Hafan offers comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families in our hospice, in the community and in their home so they can make the most of the time they have left together. The work we do would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of our staff and volunteers. The retail division plays a key role in raising the funds needed to enable Tŷ Hafan to continue this support.
As the ideal candidate you will already have worked effectively as a senior manager in a fast-moving retail environment, you will have experience of contributing to and implementing strategic plans whilst successfully leading and developing teams. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to build good rapport with a diverse range of people and have a positive and supportive approach to people management. Strong organisation skills and good attention to detail are also needed, along with being proactive, solution focused and flexible. You will also need to demonstrate and lead on our people values which are professional, caring and collaborative.
The Head of Retail will be responsible for the effective management of the retail operation which currently includes 27 retail shops, a distribution centre, administration support and on-line activity. Key tasks include;
- To provide strategic leadership, planning, communication and overall management of our retail operation ensuring high performance standards are achieved.
- To develop, introduce and manage the necessary practices, systems and controls to ensure the operational, financial, administrative and compliance efficiency of the retail organisation.
- To plan and recommend decisions for the retail estate including acquisitions, closures, leases and rent reviews.
- To lead the Logistics Manager to ensure the development of excellent warehouse and transport operations in order to maintain sufficient stock available for all stores and maximise income from recyclables.
- To lead communication in Retail to ensure that excellent communication mechanisms are in place throughout the retail operation and that appropriate forums are developed for volunteers.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 5%
- Holiday entitlement of 30 days (rising to 32 days with service) plus Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive induction plan
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance program
- Based in a beautiful location in Sully overlooking the sea; onsite benefits include free parking and free tea/ coffee.
The role is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
To apply follow the link: https://careers.tyhafan.org/vacancy/head-of-retail-374809.html