We have an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded individual to inspire and lead our growing retail function.
Here at CRUK we are passionate about retailing. Not only do our stores contribute an income of £90m to our life-saving research, but they sit at the centre of local communities, inspiring and engaging our supporters. Now we need a Head of Retail Operations to lead our retail portfolio which includes a UK-wide and sector leading chain of close to 600 shops, with 1,700 staff and 18,000 volunteers.
What will I be doing?
We need an experienced retailer to…
- Produce and implement a retail operations strategy that demonstrates growth potential of the retail chain and identifies local activity to influence national strategy.
- Contribute to the development of the Communities Strategy and work with peers to deliver the strategy by generating income both within the existing established channels and across Communities.
- Drive Income and Contribution in line with 5 year plan, developing and monitoring key indicators for success. Enable growth through existing trading platform and through the expansion of the retail footprint
- To review the performance of the retail chain on a regular basis to determine the optimum proposition, size and shape of the portfolio
- To lead and inspire our large retail function to deliver best practice excellence in terms of all aspects of retail operations
Why this role?
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 1,700 retail staff work relentlessly every day towards this goal. Retail is looking to significantly increase its monetary contribution to the Charity by 2020 and expand our chain from 600 to 700 stores, therefore we need someone that will add strategic value and quickly make an impact. We need someone to align with the wider retail sector and also put our Communities strategy at the heart of our strategy – engaging with local CRUK teams and the community to build our presence at a local level.
What are you looking for?
To join us in this fast-paced role you will need to have…
- Significant demonstrable experience of commercial retailing
- Experience of building key relationships to maximise collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Experience of conceptualisation, development and implementation of strategy
- Strong leadership skills, inspiring and empowering team members to believe in the vision and direction of a role, its department and the organisation as a whole.
- Strong experience of managing multiple projects, and resource.
- Strong experience of being able to adapt to working with different disciplines across diverse areas of an organisation.
What’s in it for me?
- 30 days annual leave a year plus public holidays
- Company car or car allowance
- Opportunity to take part in our Heads Development programme
- A range of generous rewards and benefits via our Rewards platform
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard together to beat cancer sooner.
Permanent, 35 hours per week