Be there when it matters
This is an exciting opportunity to join Sue Ryder’s Safety professionals to support with the management of health and safety and compliance across the Charity’s complex, multi-site operation, which includes neurological and palliative care centres, as well as our retail chain of over 400 shops and offices.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Environment Business Partner, ideal candidates will be qualified to, or working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. Exceptional candidates with the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent will also be considered.
We are looking for health and safety experience in a complex, multi-site, multi-disciplined environment with experience in health and social care or retail preferable. As safety management, fire safety, risk assessment and training are integral parts of the job, qualifications and experience in this area are essential.
The role will involve of travel and some overnight stays so the ideal candidate would have easy access to major transport links.
Key responsibilities include:
* Carrying out regular fire risk assessments and workplace inspections.
* Ensuring Health and Safety policy and procedure is understood and complied with throughout the Charity.
* Producing reports, action plans and audits for achieving compliance and supporting the workplace on implementing action plans
* Investigating incidents and instances of non-compliance and make recommendations
* liaison with Enforcement Authorities as necessary with the authority to stop works or process in the case of imminent danger or breach of legislation
* Identify organisational training needs and design, deliver, evaluate and validate the agreed statutory and mandatory programmes in collaboration with Education Leads, Quality Managers and the Learning and Organisational Development Team
* Prepare policy, procedure and guidance on Health and Safety, ensuring documents are up to date and comply with relevant legislation and best practice.
* Identify areas for policy development within Health & Safety and Evaluate and develop Health & Safety management structures within workplaces
Competitive Benefits Package
– 27 days holiday rising to 33 with length of service plus bank holidays (pro rata if part-time), – Company pension scheme
– Staff discount with thousands of retailers
– Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
– Refer a friend scheme – £250
– and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
If you want more than just a job, we want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement at any point prior to the stated closing date.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.