We are currently recruiting a new Industry Manager to join the Morplan team. Working exclusively with our charity customers, this is an exciting opportunity to utilise charity retail knowledge and customer service experience to effectively support our clients in optimising their shop layouts and fittings.
Morplan is the number one supplier to the UK’s retail and fashion industries and, with over 6,000 products featured in our catalogue and many more online, we aim to be the one stop shop for all our customers. We’ve been around for over 178 years so we like to think we know a thing or two about how to best serve our customers.
From shop fittings and showcases to carrier bags, hangers, mannequins and tickets, we offer retailers everything they need to run a successful retail business.
To play a critical and active role in the management and growth of Morplan’s ‘Key Accounts’. The Industry Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients, and actively seek new sales opportunities as well as support the Internal Account Managers/Industry Co-ordinators. This role will mix between both external visits and video/phone meetings.
- Responsible for a range of nominated customers assigned within given industry / area
- To grow & foster good working relationships with all clients (existing and potential) within your allocated industry/area, identifying their decision makers and needs
- Proactively contact the assigned customers on a regular basis in the promotion of Morplan’s products and services to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets, as agreed with the Manager
- Broaden and develop the customer base through new business acquisition and growth
- Deliver highest levels of Customer Service and satisfaction
- Cross sell additional products, services and solutions to existing and new customers
- Follow up on quotations and provide feedback as requested
- Update company CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software on a daily basis to ensure accurate forecasting and communicate information with the sales management team, business unit managers and wider areas of the company
- Maintain market awareness to identify potential new key accounts
- Obtain and communicate market information as required and requested by management
- Play an active role in new and existing product development
- Prepare and deliver KPI reports on time and attend department/business review meetings as required
- Proactively and effectively work with the Head of Ext Sales & Key Accounts to develop vertical markets
- Proactively work with the marketing department to rejuvenate lapsed customers within your ‘industry / area’
- Promote ‘Self Service’ to achieve best ROI for business
- Propose and/or actively contribute to company projects as required
- Provide market, product and competitor information to correct channels of the business
- To actively pursue sales leads/quotations with prospective customers and use available systems and tools to plan, prepare and drive engagement with the customers, get commitment to buy, negotiate and close successful deals
- To maintain a suitable level of expertise with product portfolio
- Undertake other tasks, relevant to the role, as required by the Head of Ext Sales & Key Accounts and/or Managing Director
- Work closely and support as required Industry Account Managers and Industry Co-ordinators in order to form a unified team
View the job description in full here – Industry Manager – Charity Jan 2024
How to apply:
Please review the job description before forwarding a CV and supporting statement, outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role to email@example.com