Aim and influence
- Responsibility for overseeing the daily operations of retail processes & compliancy and supporting business growth in the Enterprise Team.
- Use skills and knowledge of relevant legislation & best practise to develop and implement Health & Safety processes and policies that instil a safe & legally compliant workplace.
- Work with the Retail Team to make business improvements, development and continuous improvement through design and implementation of Business as Usual (BAU) processes.
- Support the Enterprise to implement and deliver projects to increase revenue including digital solutions.
Financial and supervisory responsibility
- Supervision of volunteers
- Delegated responsibility for day-to-day finances of projects and shops budget
Other key details
- Fixed working pattern with occasional evening and weekend work required
- Up to two days working from home may be considered in line with Crisis’ homeworking policy
- The role involves working with young people and so a satisfactory basic disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is require
- Some travel to shop sites around London and occasionally around the UK will be required
Business Improvement and Development
- Design and embed efficient business processes to drive continuous improvement and compliance in working practices for the retail team.
- Review and refine current business processes to ensure Health & Safety processes and polices are implemented within the workplace.
- Define strategic plans to ensure successful delivery of BAU projects with a focus on digital solutions and data management.
- Manage a range of business support activity working closely with the Head of Retail and Enterprise Management Team.
- Embed and manage effective business compliance across retail
- Ensure compliance with shop lease requirements
- Be the point of contact for retail compliance and Health & Safety issues
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies and procedures at shop sites.
- Provide expert knowledge of health and safety policies & compliance and provide training to employees when necessary
- Develop and manage a planned preventative maintenance schedule ensuring all checks and annual tests are completed in a timely manner in line with regulatory requirements.
- Conducting compliance audits including DPIA, report findings, suggest actions and help in their implementation
- Ensure document traceability and management
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure compliance with Crisis policies and procedures
- Manage relationships with relevant third parties, including landlords, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Support the Head of Retail in the development of shop material, communications, data insights and results.
- Support the Head of Retail in key project communications to shops to enable structured, clear and concise communications.
- Support the data management and ICT systems within shops and implementation into new shops
- Support new shop openings with implementing compliance and BAU processes and procedures and ensure the promotion and implementation of the organisation’s equal opportunities policies in their set up
- Provide support and guidance to shop teams on ad hoc facilities and repair queries
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Actively encourage and support member involvement within Crisis
- Support the Enterprise team in their work where necessary
- Develop an understanding of homelessness and Crisis’ aims
- Follow Crisis policies and procedures, including health and safety
- Carry out other reasonable duties that may be required
- Experience in developing and implementing compliance to policies, processes, and procedures
- Facilities management experience
- Health & Safety qualification at IOSH or NEBOSH national certificate level. Or willingness to work towards the qualification
- Experience of managing health and safety compliance in a workplace,
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage a high-volume workload and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven negotiator able to find collaborative resolution to problems.
- Able to maintain accuracy and attention to detail in a busy working environment
- Experience of managing successful relationships with landlords, suppliers, contractors, colleagues, volunteers and external partners
- Comfortable working autonomously and proactively, alongside being a strong team player
- Able to maintain and develop effective administration and information management systems
- Ability to learn, apply and train others in new digital solutions
- High standard of computer literacy including key MS Office packages and experience of using SharePoint
- Commitment to Crisis’ purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
- Experience of working with an EPOS system
- Experience of project planning and delivery, including monitoring and evaluation, and working to targets
A full job description can be found here.
Please visit here to apply online