RSPB retail offers a unique retail experience offering a full price product range from binoculars to bird food, outdoor clothing to gift wear we work with our product and merchandising teams to select a range of products which are relevant to our cause.
Working collaboratively with reserve and country teams to co-create annual business plans and agree targets for area and reserve teams, providing clear direction and expectations for the year ahead, you will be the critical link that supports the successful implementation of our strategy.
Regular site visits will be required to maintain the required level of support for our teams, whilst also ensuring that our visitors have an amazing experience by implementing and maintaining the highest of standards possible.
In addition, you will provide expert advice in all areas of retail, working with colleagues across the organisation to support initiatives and projects, to aid in our day-to-day operations and strategic ambitions.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
• Experience of delivering specialist commercial expertise and direction within a retail environment.
• In depth experience of leading, managing, and coaching successful teams.
• Practical experience of the legislative requirements, systems and procedures that facilitate a successful retail operation.
• Sound business acumen and ability to use management information to support decision making and affect change.
• Organised with excellent time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills that create and maintain collaborative working relationships at all levels.
• Solid experience in planning and advising on store layouts incorporating merchandising and visual merchandising principles and standards.
• Experience of new site openings and managing refurbishment programmes.
• Experienced user of EPOS and stock management systems.
• A working knowledge of MS Office.
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
• A broad working knowledge of Employment Law would be helpful to assist you in the wider business.
• Experience of working in visitor attractions, not-for-profit and the environment / conservation sector would be useful.
• Experience and knowledge of project management principles and supporting systems.
What you can expect:
• Supportive, high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who want to make the world a better place than we found it.
• An opportunity to play your part in affecting positive change and working collaboratively with cross functional teams that will make some of the most beautiful places in the UK even more special for our visitors.
• Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
• No two days are the same! We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to travel. Some days you will be based at home or in the office, others you will be visiting some of the most beautiful places in the UK.
We welcome applicants from the visitor attraction, heritage and high street sectors.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.
This is a Permanent Full Time role for 37.5 hours per week.
Closing Date: 23:59, Sunday January 23rd 2022.
Interviews due to be scheduled the week commencing 7th February on Teams.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.