The primary objective of the Retail Business Development Manager is to seek, achieve, project manage and open new shops in order to increase the financial contribution to the Society and build the Retail portfolio.
- To support the Head of Retail with delivering the strategic plan by finding and opening new shops to be added to the Retail shop portfolio
- To support the Head of Retail with any other income generating projects being implemented
- To contribute, develop, manage and report on financial budgets, income and costs regularly with a focus on net surplus generation
- To analyse financial performance and other statistical data and provide detailed reports as required.
- To be accountable for delivering agreed targets, standards and operational compliance
- To deputise for the Head of Retail as required
- To recruit, train, develop and manage direct reports where applicable, throughout the employment lifecycle, ensuring regular 1-1 performance management
- To ensure compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety, Safeguarding, statutory legislation and SVP Policies and Procedures
- To work with the SVP members and local conferences to compliment their work and develop links
- To communicate appropriately with direct reports and wider staff, cascading key messages and information when required
The above list is not exhaustive and duties relevant to the post or the individual’s experience may be required from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties, responsibilities and place of work at the request of your line manager without changing the general character of the post. Any variation will always be discussed with the post holder and their line manager.
A full job description can be found here.
How to apply
Please send your CV to Helenv@svp.org.uk
- 6 month contract, full time 37.5hrs p/w