Age UK Bradford and District are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity for a temporary Retail Cover Manager to join a successful and expanding local Charity and Trading company which is committed to improving life for older people in the Bradford District.
Age UK Bradford & District (AUKBD) is a Company Limited by Guarantee which has a turnover of £1.25million, employing 54 staff and 330 volunteers.
Key features of the role include:
- Acting as a relief cover manager for all our shops across the district
- Responsible for highlighting all possible improvements directly to District Retail Manager
- To maximise the income to the charity from the sale of goods by profitably providing management cover in the shops, successfully leading a team of volunteers when their shop manager is absent.
- Achieve profit targets by maximising sales and costs controls, actively seeking ways to improve the shops performance on a continuous basis
- Achieve Gift Aid budgets and conversion targets by new donor sign ups and repeat donations
- Generate quality donated goods from members of the public, including house donations
- Responsible for volunteers and work experience placements, including personal and professional development
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping, creating a pleasant environment
- Have basic knowledge of AUKBD current activities
- Responsible for Health & Safety in the shops on a daily basis
- Complete financial and quality audits across all the district shops
- Providing direct support to District Retail Manager with retail quality standards in all the district shops.
We are keen to hear from any Store Manager, Deputy Manager, Operations Manager, Assistant Manager, Duty Manager or Retail Manager.
Registered Charity No.1025961
Company House Registration No. 2646454
Location – Various across Bradford
37.5 hours per week, Salary £16,399 per annum
5 weeks holiday per year plus public holidays
Contributory pension scheme available
For a full job description please click here: Job Description
To apply please download an application pack from our website: