As a leading provider of palliative care, providing care and support to people in the last year of their life, Isabel Hospice is a highly successful and forward-thinking charity with a turnover of c£6m. With an excellent reputation both in the local community and beyond, last year they supported almost 1,400 patients and 2,600 family members across eastern Hertfordshire.
Their specialist palliative care is available to adults both at home and at their In-Patient Unit as well as their Day Service locations. Care is based on the simple idea that patients are ordinary people living with physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
This is an exciting time for Isabel Hospice with plans to grow their services and build a new Hospice centre within the next 4 years. This is a unique opportunity to join Isabel Hospice at the start of this exciting stage in its development and work as part of an Executive team helping lead significant changes across the organisation.
Isabel Hospice are seeking an experienced senior retail professional who wants an exciting new challenge. The Retail Director will be commercially focused and will be ambitious for hospice care. Building on their current 15 high street shops and market leading e-commerce operation you will drive the retail contribution from c.£600kpa to £1million over the next 4 years.
- Lead the strategic development of the Charity’s retail income streams.
- In partnership with the Director of Fundraising develop an integrated strategy maximising opportunities to drive income and profil
- As a member of the Executive Team contribute to the long term vision and strategic direction of the work of Isabel Hospice.
- Through the effective leadership and management of people, resources and budget drive the continued success of all retail operations.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive retail strategy to increase sales and profits, expanding the network of shops and maximising profitability.
- Proven ability in Retail Management delivering significant sales & profit growth across multiple stores.
- Proven track record of opening new shops.
- Strategic planning and financial forecasting.
- Highly motivated, innovative and resourceful.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk
Please click here for the candidate brief: Retail Director Candidate Brief
If you wish to have a further conversation, please speak in confidence to our retained consultant Sandra Hamovic at Berwick Partners on 0207 529 6332.