We are seeking a Retail E-Commerce Sales Associate for our eBay office in Earlsdon.
About the role
The Retail E-Commerce Sales Associate is responsible for all aspects of operating online selling for the retail branch of the organisation. This post also includes responsibility of maintaining social media platforms with the specific aim of utilising them to increase sales income.
To continue to build and improve on the existing platforms as well as identifying new ones, driving the growth of online sales, and increasing our online presence to maximise income.
Core working hours are Monday to Friday 9-4.30, however due to the nature of this role some flexible working will be required.
- To identify items of value and accurately price check them to ensure they are sold for the highest potential value. Product knowledge and market research are key elements of this role to identify the correct stock and ensure it is being sold on the right platform.
- To ensure that product listings are accurate and engaging, photos are of a high-quality and items are valued correctly.
- To actively recruit and train volunteers to assist with the on-line operation.
- To manage the inboxes and customer reviews on our online E-commerce platforms, ensuring that customer messages are responded to in a professional manner whilst identifying any common trends that could impact future sales or the customer experience.
- To formulate plans to further our online presence on additional online marketplaces and identify and act upon opportunities for growth.
- To liaise with Shop Managers regarding stock generation and help identify stock for sale online. To support with stock generation campaigns when required to ensure a continuous flow of listings.
- To be responsible for packing and postage of sold items in a timely manner to ensure accounts are kept healthy and positive feedback is received.
- To meet and excel at KPIs relating to listing frequency, customer service and sales targets.
- To build on the existing online marketplaces, driving the continued growth of online sales, and increasing our online presence to raise funds
- To maintain social media accounts in accordance with company guidelines utilising the platforms to promote listed items, shops and the charity as a whole. To include Facebook and possibly X/Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- To analyse data and identify areas for growth and assist the Branch Area Retail Manager to identify and implement initiatives to generate further online retail profits.
- To deliver excellent customer service and deal efficiently and professionally with enquiries and complaints to find satisfactory resolutions.
- To ensure that the Government Online and Distance Selling rules and regulations are adhered to.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of a social media policy for the organisation.
- Manage search engine optimisation (SEO), for the shops and Google business profiles.
A full job description can be found here – JD – E-Commerce Sales Associate – 09.11.23
The RSPCA Coventry And District Branch is a separately registered charity, closely affiliated to the National RSPCA Charity. We are responsible for running the Coundon Wedge Drive Animal Centre, where we successfully rehabilitate and rehome over 700 animals each year.
The RSPCA Coventry and District Branch currently operate 4 charity shops, (Earlsdon, Coundon, Allesley and Wyken). Ambitions are for the portfolio to grow over time. The income generated by the sale of donated goods contributes to the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch’s running costs and are an invaluable source of income. The shops also perform an important role in engaging the support of the local community.
How to apply:
CV and covering letter to be sent to email@example.com
Charity Retail Jobs is sponsored by Precycle Group