The Hospice Retail Operations is a significant, dependable income stream. The post holder will have budgetary responsibility for sales of over 2m and contribution of half a million per annum. There are currently 17 shops located throughout our catchment area of Surrey.
- To provide strategic leadership and overall management to our shops and warehouse operations
- To develop a strategy for further profitable growth and expansion
- To manage all current operations to ensure sales, costs and profit targets are met.
- To set, monitor and ensure sales, costs and profit targets are met in individual shops, warehouse and in total.
- To recommend annual capital budget and expenditure.
- To ensure the quality of customer service within the retail organisation reflects Hospice values through training and the design and implementation of policies and procedures.
- To develop internal stock systems and external stock collection systems in order to ensure sufficient stock is available for all shops.
- To determine and monitor best use of space and stock in shops and warehouse through training and data analysis.
- To ensure profitability is maximised through tax efficient benefits, for example Gift Aid on donated goods.
- To develop and manage recruitment and selection procedures to ensure a skilled retail management team.
- To ensure effective implementation of Hospice performance appraisal, disciplinary and grievance procedures for employed staff.
- To manage the necessary practices, systems and controls to ensure the operational, financial and administrative efficiency of the retail organisation.
- To ensure that appropriate practices, checks and risk assessments are in place for Health and Safety, Fire, Trading Standards and other regulations and legislation.
- To co-ordinate and manage the retail property portfolio, including acquisitions, closures, leases and rent reviews. To liaise with agents, surveyors and solicitors, where necessary, in carrying out the above.
- To instigate and manage cost-effective retail property maintenance programmes.
- To develop and implement practices to ensure all paid staff and volunteers are updated on general Hospice matters and all Hospice staff updated on retail matters.
- To form links with other hospice shop organisations and share best practices.
- To represent Woking and Sam Beare Hospices as necessary, including speaking engagements.
- To work with the Volunteer Services Department in volunteer recruitment, to ensure that sufficient quality volunteers are recruited to meet the needs of the organisation.
- To produce, implement and review a 3 year Retail Strategy.
- To research potential new areas for shops. To identify suitable sites, negotiate with landlords, agents and professional advisors up to lease completion.
- To develop project proposals for new shops and refurbishments.
- To research, evaluate and develop new retail income streams.
To apply please download and complete an application form and return it along with your CV and covering letter to the HR department:
Human Resources Department, Woking Hospice, Denton Way, Woking GU21 3LG
Or email it to: email@example.com