We are seeking an experienced Retail Manager who will support, motivate and inspire staff and volunteer teams in our shops across Brighton, Hove and Peacehaven. You will combine empathy and patience with a commercial focus and drive, to maximise sales to produce business growth.
Your proven retail experience will be key in raising vital funds for the Martlets Hospice and enhancing our reputation in the communities we serve.
This fulfilling, exciting role needs an energetic and engaging person who enjoys a fast pace and constant personal development. Apply if you will prioritise the wellbeing of your colleagues, ensure the highest standards of customer service and take the best care of our many supporters.
- Support and inspire shop teams to maximise sales
- Protect the wellbeing and good mental health of shop teams
- Ensure shop teams uphold Martlets Values
- Represent Martlets at events locally and nationally
- Help recruit, develop and retain volunteers
- Ensure compliance with agreed high standards
- Oversee shop budgets and achieve income and profit targets
- Manage Shop Managers, conducting regular meetings
- Monitor statistics, analyse data and identify trends and variances and take appropriate action
- Ensure stock levels are maintained
- Maintain window displays and visual merchandising standards
- Update or create policy where necessary
- Empathy and understanding of the role of Martlets in the community
- A caring and compassionate nature with the wellbeing of others as a priority
- Articulate, with good communication skills both written and verbal
- Numerate with the ability to understand financial data, P&L information and spreadsheets
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A driver with their own vehicle and a clean current driving licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solving skills and able to manage conflict and handle complaints
- Able to inspire and motivate others
- Able to manage complex tasks, prioritising and managing time effectively
Martlets is a rewarding organisation to work for: our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including pension scheme, health care plan, 35 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time staff), and independent and confidential support service.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.