PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To manage a small team to raise as much cash and awareness as possible by positively representing our brand through the presentation of our retail offer and team spirit, in line with our LNAA values and in accordance with our organisational policy and procedures.
We have a small chain of shops that support our life-saving work, through raising awareness and cash and representing our brand.
This role is the most senior in the retail team and accountable for overall budget in terms of driving income and keeping down costs. You will need an entrepreneurial spirit, creative flair, and a direct understanding of how charity retail works in terms of best practice, alongside donor and customer satisfaction. You will be committed to safe working practices and role model associated behaviours, prioritising investment of time and resources.
The role is based full time in our shops for both office and operational work duties, although you will also be working occasionally at our fantastic HQ on the outskirts of Lincoln.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
• Achieve income, expenditure, and contribution budgets in line with our policy and procedure.
• Complete annual budgets, authorise expenditure and write monthly performance reports.
• Accountability to deliver the Retail and Trading Strategy
• Manage risk through the coaching and development of your direct team and follow LNAA procedure and policy.
• Ensure all business units are working towards compliance.
• Manage the properties, ensuring all required compliance checks and planned maintenance is recorded and up to date.
• Represent our brand through presentation of our retail offer and living our values.
• Hold bi-monthly team meetings to build trust and learning opportunities.
• Build a team with a spirit that roles models LNAA values and represents our brand of clinical and aviation excellence.
• Build relationships between retail and HQ staff to break down barriers and enable collaboration.
• Work alongside fundraising to build relationships and support, providing mutual beneficial opportunities to raise more money for LNAA.
• Recruit staff as required and support shop managers to recruit volunteers, as per our values and brand to build a strong team.
• Training, developing and coaching staff and volunteers to fulfil their roles with LNAA values at the heart of how we work, delivering great customer service both internally and externally. Ensuring all objective setting and appraisals, are motivating and up to date in line with LNAA working practices.
• Facilitating, attending, and running meetings in retail and across the organisation to cross collaborate, build relationships, trust and learning opportunities.
• Writing and interpreting reports to support decision making, drive the business and keeping senior leadership informed and up to date.
• Support and guide the building of the eCommerce business through implementing and developing best practices.
• Develop working relationships with external bodies, charities and voluntary organisations including the Charity Retail Association alongside working partners such as contractors, Epos provider, textile merchants and so on.
• Giving equal time and emphasis to backroom and warehousing processes as to our retail, supporter care and representing our brand.
• To maximise income from recycling and minimising waste in the best way for our environment and efficiencies.
• Ensure Gift Aid is managed in line with HMRC guidance, supervising an annual audit and completing the annual notifications process.
• Manage the property through planned maintenance schedule and awareness of lease liabilities.
• There may be other tasks required unspecified here that may arise.
A full job description is available here.
How to apply:
Apply by sending a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role, along with a copy of your CV to: email@example.com