This is an exciting field based opportunity for a self-motivated and energetic individual to oversee the operation of our Retail outlets across Coventry & Warwickshire.
Management experience in the retail sector working across multiple sites is essential and previous charity retail experience an advantage.
You will be working to increase sales and maximise profit across our Retail outlets whilst being accountable for delivering exceptional standards and compliance.
We are looking for someone that can encourage the Retail team to realise their full potential, leading, motivating and inspiring them.
If you enjoy a challenge, a fast-paced environment and are someone who thrives on making a difference this could be the job you are looking for.
A little bit about us
Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire provides a range of services to adults and older people across the city of Coventry and county of Warwickshire and is dedicated to improving both the quality of later life and, help make later life a more fulfilling and enjoyable experience. We play a significant role in supporting local communities. Income raised in our shops helps provide these essential services.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
• Maximise opportunities to drive up income in all shops whilst ensuring effective cost control.
• Maintain the smooth operation of the shops, being aware of relevant legislation applicable to charity shops.
• Ensuring that all staff and volunteers are appropriately recruited, trained and developed for their roles, in liaison with the Head of Retail.
• Provide adequate support for shop teams by making regular visits to each location and provide support via telephone and email.
• Implement standardised procedures to ensure the effective and efficient management of the shops.
• Reconcile and collate weekly statistics, including Re-Use weights and provide regular performance monitoring reports for the shops.
• Support the Head of Retail to research and identify new opportunities to generate retail income for the charity.
• Respond to any staff performance or HR issues including carrying out investigations and formal meetings with support from Head of Retail and central team.
• Ensure that all staff are aware of the Organisation’s Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety regulations, Trading Standards regulations and security procedures.
• Ability to travel independently across Coventry and Warwickshire.
• Weekend working on a rota basis and able to respond to out of hours emergencies within shop premises.
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/coventryandwarwickshire/